• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aquafest09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Aquafest09 will be on October 16th, 17th and 18th.

For those that were not around in 2007 this is the group effort between CCA, PVAS, and GWAPA.

I have gotten several inquiries about whats happening so here is where we
stand right now.

Things are still being ironed out.
Speakers still being invited.
Food being arranged.
Rooms being secured.
Rules being drawn up.
Etc. Etc. Etc.

What I can tell you are a few items:

1) Showroom set up will start at 12 on Friday the 16th. I will be needing help setting up the stands, tanks, water etc.

2) It will cost only $15.00 per person to register for the convention. This does not include show entries or food. This is the registration to the speakers and such. This is up a little from 07 but with the rise in all of our costs this was required.
This compares to $40.00 for the ACA convention.

3) I will need help tearing down Saturday evening after the banquet. This is because the BIG auction on Sunday will be in that end of the hotel and the room will be needed.

4) There will be at least 3 speakers and 4 talks on Saturday. Plus the show, vendors, and banquet with awards presentation.

5) The registration desk will be open Friday evening and Saturday during the convention.

6) The web site will hopefully be up in the next couple of months. I will let you know as I do.

7) There will be an all-day type of auction on Sunday. This will be the fundraiser for the event. This is a good time to thin out the over stock. lol
This will be fish, plants and drygoods. We will post rules when we get closer. This is not like our mini-auction. Usually this draws more people than the convention portion.

9) It is important that you register for the convention early if you can. Registering gives us the money to pay the bills as they come due. It gives us an idea on what we need for a lot of the small items.
Along with that.............
Please register your fish for the show well in advance if you can. I know there are changes and, like me, you never know when a fish will get a fin torn or something but PLEASE let us know as early as possible. The reason for this is we need to know how many tanks to set up. How many do we pick up?
In 07 we only had like 20 entries for the show when Mike and I went to get the stands and tanks a week or so before the show. We made a decision to bring back like 110 tanks. We did end up with 100 entries in the show. With only 20 entries the week before, its a good thing we didn't come back with only 50 tanks.
I hope you can see where I am coming from. We will always bring extras but how many extras can be a problem.

CCA will also be running registration so help will be needed there as well as runners and such for the auction. I will come up with a list later.

We will try to make this fun for all but there will be a lot of work to do. As last time, the main idea is to break even and have a nice event. If we make some money then it will be even better. At some point we will need to start one of these on our own but working with the other clubs gets us experiance while not having all of the problems fall on our shoulders.

This post is for information only.
I will start a discussion thread as more information is avail.

Thank you,
Pat

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I always forget things.

Someone PM'ed me.

The answer is yes, we will still have a meeting on the 2nd Saturday of October. This is the week before the show. We did not in 07 but the Board voted to go ahead and have it since we only have 9 per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.