• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

AQUAFEST MADE ME WANNA AQUASCAPE

DonkeyFish

Members
I'll talk to anybody who wants to listen about putting plants in your tank. :) I'm a good hand-holder for you scaredy cats who just need a little moral support.

Think of it this way, who of us can honestly say they haven't picked up a fish 'cause it was cheap but weren't real sure it would do well and figured "what the heck"? Expand your horizons, my friends.

longstocking

Members
I love plants :) And I have sand in every tank :)

It is really easy to do ! Just have to pick wisely...

Tangs and sand can make it tough but I do pretty well with all types of crypts :) Any tank that has enough light has plants. Anubias do ok in my tanks as long as a buy them big.

Although... My tropheus/petrochromis tanks only have plants coming out the top of the tanks :) as they would rip any type of plant apart.

Please do a demo :) gwapa people.... I would love it !! I'm sure I will vote for it :lol: Maybe next Feb. Pat ?? :lol:

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I love plants :) And I have sand in every tank :)

It is really easy to do ! Just have to pick wisely...

Tangs and sand can make it tough but I do pretty well with all types of crypts :) Any tank that has enough light has plants. Anubias do ok in my tanks as long as a buy them big.

Although... My tropheus/petrochromis tanks only have plants coming out the top of the tanks :) as they would rip any type of plant apart.

Please do a demo :) gwapa people.... I would love it !! I'm sure I will vote for it :lol: Maybe next Feb. Pat ?? :lol:

That's a great idea Sarah!

Hey Jen, maybe one day you can help me transform my tanks to the Tropics. Ya know...Plants;)

dogofwar

CCA Members
Aquafest made me want to get all of my show fish...and the new ones...back into my flowerpot and PVC pot-laden tanks. Aquascaping is mostly natural (by fish) and water flow (water changes).

I have expanded my horizon a bit and have anubias and java moss in some tanks. And some floating pond ones in the tank under the shop lights.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I think it would be great (and cost effective) if GWAPA gave CCA a "plants for the cichlid aquaria" talk and CCA gave GWAPA a "Cichlids for the planted aquaria talk".

DonkeyFish

Members
Trading talks is a great idea. Plus gives each club exposure to a whole new (potentially) group of people. *I* am excited about all this.... :)

afterall, I only have two hands I can hold at a time.... this would make it much easier ;)

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
SOUNDS LIKE SOME GREAT IDEAS GOING ON. I THINK ILL TRY THE ANUBIAS AND JAVA AND SEE HOW IT GOES. LIKE SOMEONE SAID IT CANT HURT AND IF I DONT LIKE IT I CAN ALWAYS TAKE IT OUT.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I started out with a 20 gallon planted tank with the help from the staff of Scales. Then the great algae bloom of 2007 and 2008 put an end to that. I still have one planted 5 gallon that I am going to expand to a 10 gallon rimless for my daughter. Good Luck DQ.

longstocking

Members
I will donate P. nicholsi for this if you want, if this ever happens. Great little fish for a planted tank. And not the norm... like apistos ect. Can be kept and bred in a 20 gallon. They almost need a heavily planted tank... so they don't kill each other :)