• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aquafest 2007 Top Two

1aBestInShow.jpg

1aPCAward.jpg

maddog10

Members
Best of Show - is a Microgeophagus ramirezi owned by Rick McKay

People's Choice - is a Protomelas Taeniolatus "Red Empress" owned by Richard Mendez

----- And what Bobby forgot to mention -----

Reserve of Show - is an Aulonocara baenschi owned by Bobby Phillips
(I will let Bobby post a photo of the fish, the 1 I took does not do it justice)

All 3 are CCA members by the way!!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Nice shots Bobby. As usual.

This is not easy to do.
Everyone should know that a show is not a good place to take fish pictures. Glass, lighting, reflections, background, people, newness of set up, and strange surroundings for the fish, all usually work against a photographer. But when one of our photo experts are involved, you get good pics.
:character0272: :happy0158:

D

daniel4832

I can't wait to see to the rest of Bobb's pictures! :D
Thanks,
Daniel

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Going to try to put in a seperate section on the web site for the show.
Thinking maybe another one for meetings, with some pictures of a few of them.
Trying to update there too.

Sonny Disposition

Wow, those are some really nice fish! Nice photos, too, Bobby. Not to take anything away from any of the other entrants, but I voted for the Red Empress for People's Choice Award. It was tough to decide on appearance alone, but he seemed more active and at ease than a lot of the other entries.

Richard, are you feeding astaxanthins to get that color?

Bob

People's Choice - is a Protomelas Taeniolatus "Red Empress" owned by Richard Mendez

(I will let Bobby post a photo of the fish, the 1 I took does not do it justice)

All 3 are CCA members by the way!![/b]

marge618

CCA member
The pictures are GREAT! It took me awhile to single out one fish for the People's Choice. Richard, your "Red Empress" got my vote too!
Marge

All 3 are CCA members by the way!![/b]

Charlutz

Members
I ... um ... missed the show. Family obligations. :sad0121: I'm glad you all had a great time and I am jealously waiting for more pictures. Those two fish are fantastic. :sign0191:

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Thanx guys!!!

What you don't realize is that he actually got even more Red around the time the judges came to see him.

And on Saturday after the dinner when it was time to take our fish home he was actually CRIMSON RED. And I mean RED RED.

I believe Bobby took some more pictures of him before we left and hopefully those come out nice. Can't wait to see them!

To me my Red Empress reminds me of a Super Hero wearing Red Tights and flying through the water in the tank.

Nevertheless, the show was Awesome and I was so happy to be a part of it. And to think, that I wasn't going to show any fish at all, but I woke up that morning and looked out my window and saw that it was a good day to show my Super Hero! :D

By the way, Rick's fish looked very colorful too.

mscichlid

Founder
But if super heros didn't wear tights how could anyone see how muscular they really were?

STOP!

I will split the this top and put it Just for Fun Lounge thingy! LOL! Seriously.

FB

marge618

CCA member
I ... um ... missed the show. Family obligations. :sad0121: I'm glad you all had a great time and I am jealously waiting for more pictures. Those two fish are fantastic. :sign0191:[/b]

Sorry you missed the Aquafest show. :sad0121: It was my FIRST show. Pretty fish everywhere. Fish auctions are addictive! Bobby took pictures of every fish there. Hope he posts ALL of them. Now we bet to tell you all about the show at the Nov CCA meeting!
Marge

DeeCee

Members
I'm with you Marge, I can't wait to see more pictures! I really missed seeing the show this year especially. I'm sure I would have ended up bringing home lots of fish & plants & just having a ball rearranging it all now! I envy reading and hearing about some of the things you all came home with!

BTW -- the Tights is what seperates the Heroes from the Super Heroes