• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aquaclear 110's or 70's

Beeman

Members
Do you all think two 110's would be over-kill on a 90g, or would two 70's be sufficient? I'm not running an over-stocked African tank here, more a S.A. community sparsely populated. I want to go with two for the water flow, but don't want to go overboard. Thoughts y'all?

fischfan13

Banned
Do you all think two 110's would be over-kill on a 90g, or would two 70's be sufficient? I'm not running an over-stocked African tank here, more a S.A. community sparsely populated. I want to go with two for the water flow, but don't want to go overboard. Thoughts y'all?

No such thing as "overboard"...two 110's.

Beeman

Members
I was leaning that way anyway, especially considering the increased total filter media put to use. On my way, FINALLY!!, with this project. :jumpy:

toddnbecka

Members
I have 2 110's on my 90. Would have used 2 70's but they don't fit over the rim. Not a big deal either way, the flow isn't strong enough to bother the fish. You can shift the intake to one side to reduce the flow if necessary.