• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Apistos spawning in chaos... what to do?

zendog

I have a 20 long tank at my office that has about a billion endlers in it and 11 cories. I recently added a youngish pair of A. Agassizi meaning it to be temporary.

I was planning on moving them into a 10 gallon after I made some space, but in the meantime, they decided a small hole in a piece of driftwood was a nice place to spawn. I didn't even think the female was large enough. Now they're going crazy trying to defend it against the other fish in the tank.

Maybe I shouldn't do anything and just let them go, but I am a bit worried about them exhausting themselves. Should I pull out the driftwood with the eggs now? Or should I just let nature take its course? It would be great if the pair can raise fry there, but that seems unlikely. I just don't want to mess up the pair bond. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I was planning on bringing the endlers to PVAS tomorrow, so maybe I should just wait until then and see if I can extract all the Endlers and Cories and leave the Apistos with their eggs. Any chance that would succeed?

zendog

Thanks Becca,

Do you think I can pull the endlers for PVAS tomorrow without totally disrupting them?

Here is the tank.

Last edited:

Becca

Members
Thanks Becca,

Do you think I can pull the endlers for PVAS tomorrow without totally disrupting them?

Here is the tank.
Probably. Feed the endlers at the opposite end of the tank and scoop out whatever you can without having to go all around the tank or move hardscape.