• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

API Genesis

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
Whats the deal with API Genesis went to two stores on Saturday they told me API stopped making Genesis water conditioner ?
Whats up with that? API was making to much money on this product or was it just to easy to use @ 1 Drop per gallon. :mad::mad::mad::mad::angry3::angry3: Im not happy......

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I was afraid of that. I use it too. Have about 1/2 gallon left.
Aquarium products was bought out about 2 years ago and is no longer in Maryland. Don't remember who bought them.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
That explains why I can never find it at the store. I used to use it all the time, but have switched over to stress coat for now.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I used to use Seachem's Prime because its a capful per 50g and helps with ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Now I use Water Garden Oasis' Pond Prime. It does the same thing as Seachem's Prime, but is a capful per 100g!

MarkK

CCA Members
Does anybody know if a product like Amquel has a shelf life? I have almost a gallon that was put away in storage for over 10 years, should I use it or throw it out. It was opened and used for a while before being put into storage.

Probably 3 quarts left.

Not knowing what to do so far, I have been using Prime, but any ideas?