• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

apartment dwellers

iamzrad

Members
Nothing like Caleb's or the others, but I have a 75gal, 15gal, (3) 10gal in a 3rd floor apartment. 1br, 950sqft or so.

Spine

Members
i'm gonna be setting up a 150, a 29 three to four 20 highs and maybe another 10....

After seeing how many tanks you already have and then reading the statement that your're adding more, I had to laugh. It reminds me of a scene in the movie The Money Pit.
0.jpg
This is the view your neighbors on the !st and 2nd floor will have after the floor caves in,lol

0.jpg

verbal

CCA Members
Oh, and Caleb forgot to add that not only does he share this 3 bedroom apartment with all these fish, but we have space for 3 children too:)
My 15 month old son seems to think that the 29 gallon tank is the right size for him. At least I think that is why he is always trying to climb into it :)

I am not sure what size older children prefer. My daughter(6) doesn't try get into the 5 gallon in her room. I think she must be hoping for a 120 or 180 lol

Well i have to chime in here i guess......

My kitchen is my fish room and currently contains 18 tanks with 205 gallons of tanks and another 6 tubs of live food going and yet another container of axolotl larvae growing out ohh... and 1 more tub with cory eggs hatching in it too.

so around 250 gallons i guess would be the total for my kitchen/fish room

Did i mention i live in a 1960's 2 bedroom mobile home?

cmcpart0422

Members
I live on the third floor and have 7 tanks in my computer room. 75, 55, 29, 20l, 20h, 2x10s. I could totally fit more tanks but my girlfriend would kill me. I also have 3 tanks left at my parents house from when I lived with them.

Its funny because I have friends over and they walk into my computer room and think I'm nuts with 7 tanks (not for the weight but for the quantity) and all I can do is laugh because I know there are people on here with six times as many tanks as me. Once I get a house and have a man cave ill be one of them.

mab

Members
all I can do is laugh because I know there are people on here with six times as many tanks as me. Once I get a house and have a man cave ill be one of them.

I'm down to 57 tanks in the fishroom/outer showroom ("man cave") and have identified space to add 4 more. Now if I could just find a nice stand for the 45g tall that would be five more. And if I could get rid of that exercise equipment I could add a really big tank!!

Ok when I first moved to Milwaukee I setup a 2 bedroom apartment (first floor with concrete floors) with the following:
1 50 gallon, 1 90 gallon, and 1 14 gallon in the master bedroom
1 Biocube 29 in the living room
1 36 gallon corner tank and 1 Biocube 8 in the kitchen
2 x rimless 37 gallons, a 20 gallon cube, 9x 29 biocubes, and 9x 10 gallons in the dining room
3 x 120 gallon acrylics and 1 x 300 gallon acrylic cube, and a 7 gallon mini bow in the second bedroom.
1 x 110 gallon acrylic, 4 x 40 breeders, 4 x 20 longs, and 3 10's in the garage (Only when the weather was warm enough).

Curiously I met my future wife (who has no interest in fish other than how they taste) with this arrangement in my apartment and she didn't run away screaming.

All of those tanks are either sold or in storage now. My current apartment I have a 16 bowfront, a 36 corner bowfront, a 29 gallon biocube, and a couple of 2.5 gallon desktops.
Andy