• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

apartment dwellers

Nathan

Members
I'd like to see pictures of peoples apartments with what a normal person would consider and unreasonable amount of tanks. Anyone up for it?

minifoot77

Members
from the top pic two 10s two 15s one 20 high one 29 one 40 breeder one 55 in the livingroom........ pic two two 10s two 15s two 20 highs one 20 long one 40 breeder in the livingroom........ pic three is the 55 in my daughters room....... pic four two 30s my bedroom...... pic five my 120 my bedroom..... pic six three 10s and one 30 in the livingroom

fishology

Members
I have 8 tanks in my apartment on the 2nd floor...125,56,(4) 55's,46bow,33long and right now tank #9 is a 5.5 with moorii fry

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Certifiably...

Yes minifoot is insane.

Yeah, that adorable little golden tressed elvish creature is definitely over the line - wish I had about six of them. The Official Pan-Galactic Atlas for Social Protocol (first printing in 2073 following launch of 'space arks' allowing establishment of geosynchronous orbital and planetary colonies) says that anything over 635 gallons and two dozen tanks is excessive for a typical three room apartment (doesn't say anything about stories or wooden floors). Appendix II on Diagnosis and Treatment for Moderate to Heavy Eccentricity, Fanaticism and Madness recommends therapy, career change and sedation (curiously listed as treatment for almost everything) for those afflicted and counseling for other family members. Really good news for me because I was afraid I had more than that as well as the 639 gallons among 24 tanks in Mr. Minifoot's crib. Relieved to discover after counting and recounting that I'll only have 633 gallons in 24 tanks (or will when I get my 100 filled up next week), also in a three room, third story apartment with wooden floors. Will try and post pictures later today.

Really glad I'm not the one who's crazy here.

minifoot77

Members
639 gallons among 24 tanks in Mr. Minifoot's crib.

you must use that 2073 math cause i get 634 gallons over 23 tanks and am there for not covered in your Official Pan-Galactic Atlas for Social Protocol because i have not reached two dozen tanks:) now its a different story when i add the 269 or 249 gallons depending on if the 7th new tank will fit :) and i was just reminded of a 90 i have in the works too as a 8th or 9th new tank...

Plenipotentiary-at-large
I still get 639.

You do realize that impaired mathematical aptitude is one of the symptoms?

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Wow. You guys are sick.

Honestly, after seeing pics of Caleb's place, I no longer feel that I can say boo when one of those "fishtanks on apartment floors" threads comes up.

Keep on rockin'.

Ophelia77

Members
Okay boys, first of all, 634 or 639 - when I have to live with it 5 gallons does not make too big of a difference.

Mab, you're right:) He's not insane - but there are times I think I need to get my head checked LMBO

DQ, the boy sold the tarantula this past summer, and the 2 snakes that are left stay safely hidden hidden in his room:)

And finally, Tony, you are more than welcome to swing by anytime and check it out in person:)

Oh, and Caleb forgot to add that not only does he share this 3 bedroom apartment with all these fish, but we have space for 3 children too:)