• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Anything New?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
They are doing well. Have not lost any and they eat anything I put in there. Pellets, shrimp, frozen blood worms, green beans.

I will have to find a bigger tank for them soon.

Laxison

Members
I got some new clown loaches (my favs!) for my planted tank and they all died within a week :( So I guess that's something new, except that I really don't have anything new at all now!

Does anyone know whether clown loaches do well or not in planted tanks? My parameters in the tank are normal, so maybe I got a bad batch of fish, but then again one that was already in the tank kicked the bucket as well with the group. Sheesh

mscichlid

Founder
Difficult to answer that one. Did you quarentine those fish before you added them to the tank? How big is the tank? Do you dose your tank with ferts?

Laxison

Members
It's just a small 10 gal since it is my first try with a planted tank. I have ferts in there, but sparingly since it's a small tank (and one doesn't want to do an overkill with fertilizers). Surprisingly enough, my clown loaches did better in one of my cichlid tanks while other people seem to have survival problems with them in cichlid tanks! I'll end up sticking to leaving the clown loaches out of my planted tank because I don't want to get more only to have them die (one, waste of money, two, well, that'd be cruel of me!). I have some "vacuums" in there anyway (baby bristlenose, a month or two more and I'll have to move it since anything more than an inch or so in that little tank would be too much!).