• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Anyone working with goldfish, shubunkins specifically?

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I had a bit of a catastrophe over the winter, adn none of my outside shubs made it. I was wondering if anyone in the club was working with fancy goldfish at all, as I am looking for 3-5 young ones.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I have some pretty sarasa comets. White fish with red patches and long flowing tails. The get to 20 inches about.

Could get pics if interested.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
They sound beautiful, but will probably need a larger surface area than what I am working with. I wanted shubs since they stay a bit smaller. Hmmm.

zackcrack00

Members
I hust gave away a very large Black Moore and a very very large Calivo Fantail out of my pond. Now we have to drain it!!!! Sorry! (Rick's Fish and Pet Supply has some nice goldfish, though!)

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I am not local :) I am up in York PA. I know I can buy goldfish just about anywhere, but wanted quality

mchambers

Former CCA member
This thread reminds me of a joke my daughter told me recently:

Two goldfish are in a tank. The first goldfish says to the second one: "Do you know how to drive this thing?"

She's got a million of them, folks. We'll be here all week.

Hannibal

Members
Helped put in this pond at my in-laws last year and over the winter had the same thing happen with the fish none of them made it.

There are a few places by me that have quality stock, I will get the names of the places for you. I went with my father in-law last year to get the fish but I can't remember for the life of me the names of the places.

secuono

Members
Only Shub I have is a long fin rescue. He was in a 5gal, 4-5in long fish, no fins, missing scales and in nasty water. He's been in my koi pond for 2yrs now and is at least a foot long and beautiful. He's no quality fish, but sure is nice to look at now!