• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Anyone willing to drill a fish bowl for me?

zendog

I have a fish bowl (about 12" in diameter) that I'd like to have drilled for a bulkhead through the bottom. This is for an aquarium beautiful project for the next BFD.

Anyway, I've never drilled glass before and don't think this would be the one for me to try it on. - the bottom is fairly flat, but not perfect and since it is a bowl I'm not even sure the thickness is consistent. I realize there is probably a good percentage chance it won't work and the bowl will crack. So if anyone is willing to give it a try, I certainly won't blame them if they give up if it isn't going well or if it cracks.

I'll be at CatCon tonight, tomorrow and Sunday and could send it home with someone if they are willing to give it a try and just bring it back to me at some CCA meeting later on. Or I could bring it to an upcoming CCA meeting.

Any glass drilling pros who'd like a challenge?

Becca

Members
I have a fish bowl (about 12" in diameter) that I'd like to have drilled for a bulkhead through the bottom. This is for an aquarium beautiful project for the next BFD.

Anyway, I've never drilled glass before and don't think this would be the one for me to try it on. - the bottom is fairly flat, but not perfect and since it is a bowl I'm not even sure the thickness is consistent. I realize there is probably a good percentage chance it won't work and the bowl will crack. So if anyone is willing to give it a try, I certainly won't blame them if they give up if it isn't going well or if it cracks.

I'll be at CatCon tonight, tomorrow and Sunday and could send it home with someone if they are willing to give it a try and just bring it back to me at some CCA meeting later on. Or I could bring it to an upcoming CCA meeting.

Any glass drilling pros who'd like a challenge?
Broke one like this about 5 BFDs ago.

Becca

Members
You should talk to chriscoli chriscoli but be aware that there's a good chance you'll lose the bowl. Blown glass does not drill well. I suppose there's a chance you could melt a hole in it...

zendog

I'm game to try provided that you're ok if it breaks.

what size hole does it need?

Thanks Christine,

I absolutely understand no guarantees and I'll be pleasantly surprised if it makes it through.

For the size of the hole, I would prefer big enough for a 1" bulkhead, but if you look at it and say it should be smaller, that is fine. I want to run an airtube and a wire through - pulling the plug through if possible. If it needs to be smaller, I can just cut the cord and put a new plug on.

I'm still not sure if I'll get to Saturday's meeting, but I'll have it in the car if I do and you can always decline if you have second thoughts after taking a look.