• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Anyone keep Apistogramma elizabethae?

daninmd

Members
After watching Jeff's presentation on Saturday, I think I would like to try some dwarfs, specifically Apistogramma elizabethae. Anyone keep these fish locally?

Dan

JLW

CCA Members
Hey Dan,

This is a very, very rare Apistogramma. I imported two pairs not too long ago, and gave one away and kept one. If you check with me in a few weeks, I might just have fry. Maybe. :) Gorgeous, gorgeous fish, too.

FYI, they would be one of the most expensive Apistogramma I've ever sold. They'd be $150-200 a pair. (If I breed them, I'll offer them considerably cheaper! :)

They're also apparently a bit on the delicate side. If you're looking for some gorgeous apistogramma, have you tried the "Red Neck Viejita" ? Or any of the morphs of the Cockatoos?

daninmd

Members
Thanks for the response. After additional research I found out how rare and expensive they were. Also saw they were pretty delicate. Looks like a very bad beginner apisto. Will look into the other species. If successful, maybe eventually try the elizabethae

Greengirl

Members
Try the Inka Apisto. They are very harty and have beautiful breeding colors. Mine appear to be courting each other right now. But they won't spawn for a while.

I had a breeding group of 1 male and 6 females A. elizabethae awhile back. They are actually really easy to spawn. The reason they are so expensive is due to the difficulties in raising the fry. I would recommend trying A. agassizii which looks similar and just as beautiful.