• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Any chance of attracting different vendors

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Any chance of inviting more amphibian vendors? Maybe even some reptile folks. I'll be honest the request is a big selfish of me but I figured I would ask.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Prince:

If you know of vendors who you might think would in interested in attending, please pass on information to them about the event and the marketplace. While we don't have any restrictions in place about who purchases tables to sell, I wouldn't even know where to start with those vendors.

Thanks

Jon

JasonC

Members
Doesnt Kens fish do a lot of reptile supplies? Also Repashy does reptile food.. those may be good targets, as they would fit the bill for both hobbies.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Specifically adding reptile vendors could possibly attract the attention of DNR or others? They seem to be more regulated. Would that open a can of worms or open us up to more oversite and regulations?
I am just guessing.

Becca

Members
I'd love to see this happen if it's feasible. Not that I need more amphibians, or any reptiles, but a girl can dream...

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Specifically adding reptile vendors could possibly attract the attention of DNR or others? They seem to be more regulated. Would that open a can of worms or open us up to more oversite and regulations?
I am just guessing.

Personally, I don't suggest you go down this road. It gets complicated with zoning laws, proper display, handling by the public, sale of insects and rodents, and allergy issues related to bedding and dander.

With monthly reptile shows in our general area, I don't think there is a need or enough demand to bring reptiles into the BFD.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I'll see what I can do. Sammi may know of some local folks

Prince,
Maryland Reptile Farms oversees the local reptile shows in Manassas, Havre de grace, Frederick, and a couple more locations. If you look them up, you'll see the listing for vendors.

In addition, Repticon is held at the Timonium fairgrounds three times per year. The next event is January 30th. Many of the breeders who vend at Repticon are also on the regional show circuit.

I hope this unfo helps you and others.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Personally, I don't suggest you go down this road. It gets complicated with zoning laws, proper display, handling by the public, sale of insects and rodents, and allergy issues related to bedding and dander.

To me this was something to be decided prior to signing the contract and opening the registration if at all.
I just see problems. Of course I always look for the problems. Character flaw I guess. LOL

dogofwar

CCA Members
Would LOVE to see some of the awesome hobby fish breeders out of Ohio, Pennsylvania, etc. make it the Marketplace.

Matt