• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Another spawn!

Forester

Members
I have had yet another spawn! I'm not quite sure which fish it is so identification would be appreciated.
Here are pics:
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1383182337098.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1383182353055.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1383182370185.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1383182382563.jpg

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Almost looks like ivanacara adoketa. Where did you get them and how much did you pay for them? Typically ivanacara are pretty pricey.

Forester

Members
They were from Sam but just a bunch of juvies ill check pics to see if they are those.

Forester

Members
Yep iblooked it up the picture confirms i t so unless Sam says otherwise these seem to be Ivanacara Adoketa.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Need to see the Papa

Don't think the anomalas you received had a male large enough to breed. Females of species almost identical - show us the father - if he's that big yellow dude it's/they're definitely aureocephalus.

Forester

Members
Well theres the big yellow one and then theres a smaller greenish one. The big yellow one kept on getting beat up. Im fairly sure that the greenish one is the father.

uploadfromtaptalk1383248912388.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1383248940398.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1383248956997.jpg

Becca

Members
the yellow one looks like one of my male N. aureocephalus (my daddy fish) and the green one looks like my other male of the same species (my so-called anamalous aurecephalus).

Forester

Members
Lucas,

Congrats on the N. Aureocephalus! Did these spawn in regular tap water?

Yes in a ten gallon tank with drftwood a spongre filter plants and some young nannacara.

Forester

Members
the yellow one looks like one of my male N. aureocephalus (my daddy fish) and the green one looks like my other male of the same species (my so-called anamalous aurecephalus).

So there is no difference in species between the two? How large is tour pair. Mine are less than an inch long.

Becca

Members
Mine are about 2" each and the male has somewhat longer fins.

There are differences between the two species, but they can look strikingly similar. I've found that they change colors with their moods pretty quickly.

My blue/green male is the largest of the group and is about 2.5".

Becca

Members
When did yours start spawning?

I'm not sure, either Monday or Tuesday, but I was in the hospital Monday and doctors offices Tuesday, so I didn't notice it until Wednesday morning.

I didn't start conditioning them in earnest until Sunday because I hadn't found time to go get black worms.

Forester

Members
Had they bred before? The only conditioning i do is some type of frozen food for the whole fishroom once a week