• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Another Power Outage

toddnbecka

Members
My only objection to the power packs is that they pnly have 2 outlets. Fine for 2-3 tanks, not much help for 10-12.
I just ordered a load of battery-powered air pumps from fish.com for the cheapest price (on clearance) I've ever seen them.

bschuhart

Members
Use a power strip. I pluged 5 Optima air pumps with no problem. Later I replaced all those with a AV-50 air pump (44 watts) no problem.

My only objection to the power packs is that they pnly have 2 outlets. Fine for 2-3 tanks, not much help for 10-12.
I just ordered a load of battery-powered air pumps from fish.com for the cheapest price (on clearance) I've ever seen them.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP

What did you pay and what is the website you are speaking of???

bschuhart

Members
I ran a 44 watt AV-50 air pump, 20 air outlets and a 15w florecent bulb for close to 40 hours before the power came back.

Bschuhart -- I was thinking just filters. I have a fluval 305 and 405 on one tank. I wonder how long the powerpack could keep one of them going? The 305 pulls 15 watts (I checked). If I like it and it seems to do what I need, I was thinking I'd get a second one for the other tank, too. Just to be prepared. I read they are heavy, though . . .