• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Another Picture

Sonny Disposition

We had a lot of off and on thunderstorms while we were there. On the first day, we drove down to Kendall, a suburb southwest of Miami, to search the Snapper Creek Canal. We got a few small fish--baby jewel fish, I think. After only about 20 minutes, though, the lightning started, so we thought it was best to get out of there. This worked out ok though, because by that time it was lunch time, and this allowed me to reach another one of my goals for the trip--lunch in a Cuban restaurant.

If you're ever on SW 88th street in Kendall, make sure you stop in La Carreta. The service was quick, the staff accommodating, and the food was superb. We got three Cuban sandwiches and a side order of tostones. The sandwiches were stacked high with ham, turkey, pork, swiss chees and pickles, on a big loaf of Cuban bread pressed flat.

Tostones are twice fried green plantains, also squashed flat in a press. La Carreta serves them with a side of Mojo sauce--made from citrus juice, garlic, and spices.

I don't know why God picked the Cubans to be his emissaries from food. (He just did.)

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Sonny, you are on the money as far as Cuban Food is concerned. I have been traveling to Miami twice a year since I was 14 years old. I know Miami like the back of my hand and simply love the food and beaches and Palm Trees. Plus the coffee is unbelievable. I occasionally would travel to Florida on Business 3-4 times a year with my Firm. Florida is simply Beautiful, I'm glad you had a chance to go south and have a ball.

Tell us more Sonny!

RM