• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Another melted heater!

bschuhart

Members
I just burned another one...when will I remember to unplug the heater when draining a tank completly:angry::angry3:

Oh the smell of melting plastic (Stealth heater)

Cartel

Members
Key word suppose to I had a stealth go about a month ago too.

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

maddog10

Members
Its electric and it goes in water. It is going to go bad. I have never trusted the auto shut-off on my stealths. I have them set so that my water changes take the level down to just above the heater, or I turn the power off. Remember Murphy's Law, one day it is going to go bad and you are going to put your hand in the water, sure the curcuit breaker was SUPPOSED to trip.

I do not believe there is a wonder heater out there. None of them are very accurate.

bschuhart

Members
the old Ebo Jagers (green ones)were great, had serveral, never failed for over 20 years. The new ones are Crap!

NYfan78

Members
I have a Small Tetra Heater that supposed to heat a 10 gal but doesnt (need to find a inexpensive replacement) that was in my old 5 1/2 gal and had that tank drained for a few weeks. Well when i went to set up the new 10 gal as a QT tank i noticed the heater was still on (could of sworn i had turned it off!) and it still works. Doesnt heat a 10 gal though but it does get hot. I was shocked!!!!