• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Another Fine Meeting! (June 2017, that is)

mchambers

Former CCA member
That was a good meeting! Many thanks to James Perrenod for an interesting presentation on discus, and for donating some very cool discus and other fish to the auction. There were some other excellent fish in the auction, including many from chriscoli chriscoli (Christine Keys) and Frank Cowherd Frank Cowherd .

dogofwar

CCA Members
Thanks to James of Discus R Us for coming down to give a great discussion about discus. Fish clubs are about sharing information (and fish) and this was a great example. Wish I could have hung out afterward!

Thanks also to all of the new folks who came to the meeting! Hope to see you back at the Club BBQ - 2nd Saturday of August - details to come...

Thanks to James and all of the others who donated fish! James released a new variety of a German breeder's discus - first availability in the US at our meeting...and someone snapped them up for a great price...and supported the club.

Thanks to Lisa of SuperCichlids for the great donations of Northfin! A $1 raffle ticket turned into a big bag of high quality food for a bunch of attendees :)

And finally, thanks to all of the CCA members who help make CCA meetings so much fun!

Cheers,
Matt

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
James taught us a few things too, like using hydrogen peroxide for sterilizing things to prevent spread of disease and dosing fish by injection of meds directly into the fish's stomach.

Leffler817

CCA Members
Fantastic meeting indeed!

Many thanks to James for the informative discussion and amazing donations. I learned quite a bit about keeping discus, using hydrogen peroxide for sterilization, injecting meds into a fish's mouth (as Frank said) and using vinegar for lowering my ph!

Looking forward to the pvas bowl show and the BBQ. Also a possible road trip to the Discus R Us wharehouse!

rsanz

monster tank newbie
I thought the discus discussion was super interesting! It's always cool to hear advice straight from the horse's mouth.

And I brought home an incredibly cool black ghost knife donated by James @ Discus R Us. I've always wanted one but never really had the space for it until recently. And now, with known good stock from James, I'm really excited to see this fella grow!

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I enjoyed the meeting, it was one of the most interactive meetings I can remember in a long time.

The bagging demonstration was really cool, James puts a lot of effort into bagging his fish.

It's always nice seeing friends and being able to catch up, wish we were able to talk more often.

Was really excited to bring some discus home, everyone is doing great. James is a great guy and was very easy to talk to, he seems genuinely interested in educating people who are interested in getting into discus. He donated some great fish, the appreciated the generosity.

Looking forward to seeing people again at the picnic, Christine always is a great host.