• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

And the results of the lie detector test are......

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Haha. Guilty as charged.

This winter has been tough for me. Water changes on all my tanks take about 5 hours, so it is hard to do them all at one time. Seems like the older my kids get, the less time I have around the house without something to do.

I too am guilty! Anyone who claims otherwise should be hooked up to the polygraph.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chriscoli

Administrator
Yep, I've been bad this winter, too! We have an old water heater and with these super cold temps, it's taking longer to recharge between tanks so I'm having to split the changes over several evenings.....

Not that that's an excuse!

Becca

Members
I try to do them every 1-2 weeks and will usually do 2-3 tanks in one day... Of course, I have 10 tanks, but more than half of them are 20 gallons or less.

Sometimes I dread changing the 150, not because it's a lot of work, but because it means the plecos will spawn again and I am out of places to put baby plecos.

chriscoli

Administrator
Time to invest in a tankless water heater!

Don't know what I would do without mine.

We'd like to, but the water pressure in our neighborhood is too low. :(

Besides, with our frequent power outages, we've been very grateful to have gas hot water at times....

chriscoli

Administrator
I try to do them every 1-2 weeks and will usually do 2-3 tanks in one day... Of course, I have 10 tanks, but more than half of them are 20 gallons or less.

Sometimes I dread changing the 150, not because it's a lot of work, but because it means the plecos will spawn again and I am out of places to put baby plecos.

As I learned last weekend.....Betta patoti will eat even an juvie pleco!