• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Almost a perfect move

spazmattik

Members
So my girlfriend and I just moved into our new apartment and the move went great for alllmost all the fish.. you know the plastic rocks with the little quarter size hole? Well apparently we had a stoway in the decorations box :/ my girlfriend was a bit heart broken since this is the 2nd cobalt zebra she has lost and I feel kinda bad for accidently murdering the little guy. I'd like to find her another one of decent size to suprise her but isnt it best to add groups of africans to avoid one getting punished by the established fish?

On another note, I am excited to get some pictures of my fishpartment but I do need to set two more up. (Have some temporary setups going atm) pictures to come soon :)

verbal

CCA Members
Glad to hear most went well.

It is a bummer about the loss. A group would probably be better, but if you mix things up you may be able to add just one or two.

WendyFish

Members
We get all manner of stowaways between juvies and fry. Once we know it could happen, we put any rock that could hide fish in a few inch depth of water, if we are going to have it out for any length of time. It's a pretty easy safety measure. I also never dump out a bucket or Rubbermaid without triple checking for fry. Really little fish can square themselves away in a drip of water for a surprising amount of time.

Ading522

Members
I've got some zebras I am looking to unload..pm me if your interested..sorry to hear about the little guy..it sucks to lose fish..

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Glad the move went well.

More or less room for tanks in the new spot?

spazmattik

Members
Definitely more room Tony. BUT I am already maxed out as far as stock goes... lots of growouts :) we managed to fit a 125 (sa/ca community), 75 (africans), 55 (single species, either istlanum or grammode) and a 29 (breeding t-bars, will upgrade to a 40 breeder when I find one for a good deal) in our one bedroom w / den