• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

All Oddball Aquatics

L

Larry-T

Just a note for those of you who have not delt with Eric at All Oddball Aquatics.

In August, 2002, the Chesapeake Area Killifish Club visited Eric up in Pittsburg. Some photos of that trip can be seen by going to Chesapeake Area Killifish Club and clicking on the photo library. Look under the link that says "CAKC Pittsburgh Fishroom Crawl August 2002" and the top 19 photos (Eric's Fishroom) are from All Oddball Aquatics.

When we went up there, I bought four species of fish:

Steatocranus tinanti (you've seen how many of them I've been selling)

Porthole catfish (raised them up to 5-6" and then decided to sell them)

Australian dessert gobies (now on the 4th generation)

Red Lizard Catfish - L-10a (Spawned three times, raised some fry up to 2"+ and sold them. Still have the original 6 adults)

So you can see that I found the quality of his fish very high. I'm looking forward to going up there in April.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Who else is going... Lets go people. Tracey and I will be there. Have Styro will travel.

L

Larry-T

My wife will be dropping me off at the meeting point in Rockville with styro, money, and coffee in place. I already have two pair of fish reserved and will be looking for more.

I decided to get out of the more common cichlids and stick to the unusual or "different" fish than most retail pet shops carry. I will be dropping off all of my Malawi cichlids and a pair of the Tanganyikans on Friday night, so I'll have at least two or threee tanks free.

Does anyone have a head count on how many will be going?

mscichlid

Founder
Alright! I'm ready to go to Pittsburg. Woooo hoooooo! BTW, Eric said everyone should bring a flashlight. I imagine his tanks aren't all lit up.

I'll see whomever is going tomorrow. Bring Money! :lol:

L

Larry-T

Well, I just got back from taking a LARGE styro to Jim with all my Malawi cichlids, a pair of Neolamprologus caudopunctatus, and two pair of Fp. deltaense. Now I've got some tank space for new fish. Not as much as I hoped, since the N. caudopunctatus spawned and left me with a tank full of fry. The Metrachima heteropictus spawned as well, so I've got a few of their fry in a net breeder.

okimavich

Members
Buhahahah!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only fish I got was a pair of itty bitty German Blue Rams. I unceremoniously dumped them in my 20G and what to I find this evening after work? They're hiding away near the top of the tank next to a piece of driftwood. Looking closely, they're guarding a clutch even ittier bittier eggs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

germanblueram.jpg

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
That's great John. Sounds like you had a good trip. Hope you have something really tiny to feed the little ones. They won't take baby brine right off. Green water or even sponge squeezin's are good.

Good luck with them.

George

okimavich

Members
Thanks George.

Maybe next time. I found six amano shrimp standing in the spot where the eggs were in the morning. Apparently they like caviar. <_<

Oh well. Time to change some tanks around, I guess.