• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Albino Bristlenose Plecostomus Babies

So I have recently placed my male and female ABP's together and in 3 weeks they have produced about 50 babies. I was wondering what the demand for them are. I know they are easily accessible at any pet store, but from what I have read babies that are born in the water that they will live in tend to do better in the long run (could be completely off base but in theory it does make sense). Looking for some input on if they are sell-able in the area. I take the utmost care of all of my fish and they are treated like little family members more than baby fish. Any information is greatly appreciated.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
There is usually a market for BN plecos if you aren't looking to get rich. You may be able to sell them for a couple bucks a piece. They are relatively easy to breed, so there may be a bigger market if you have the time and space to grow them out to adults.

Forester

Members
Prabably over half of the members on here have bred bristlenose at one time or another, so the demand is not great. Nonetheless you definitely could get rid of quite a few via auctions and the marketplace.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Becca

Members
We've got at least 100 growing out now... Last time I brought some good-sized ones to auction (2" give or take), they went for less than $1 a piece. If you set up a table at the BFD, you might have some luck selling them there because it brings people from outside of the club.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
My experience has been that craigslist and forums can help get rid of them. I also used to sell to local fish stores. Generally for smaller ones, $0.50 - $1.00 and $3-$5 for adults.