• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Albino axolotl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ading522

Members
At aquafest, I won an albino axolotl for my brother..unfortunately he is moving for college and cannot take it with him.. Anyone from here want it? Make an offer..I paid $28.. Would rather check here first before craigslist..

For fun I'll let it go for $10 if you can guess how cold it is where I am.. I'm in Maryland.. But not at home.. PG county and Montgomery county .. 1-35 degrees Fahrenheit..

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

verbal

CCA Members
Can you post a pic of it? If it is a male I know someone who would be very interested in it.

Ading522

Members
What do you feed that guy? Is escaping a concern?

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

So far I don't see a concern with it escaping.. I keep it in a 10 gallon with no light..no top either.. And so far its been ok..I feed frozen bloodworms and occasional live black worms..

Sent from my XT1060 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

verbal

CCA Members
The two concerns with keeping them are eating gravel and high temps. High temps will lead to them transforming into the terrestrial form, which is painful and shortens their lifespan.

Ading522

Members
The two concerns with keeping them are eating gravel and high temps. High temps will lead to them transforming into the terrestrial form, which is painful and shortens their lifespan.

I have sand in its tank and no heater..

Sent from my Xoom using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I'm intrigued by this guy. Can he be kept with other fish? Will he eat smaller fish or is he to slow?

Ading522

Members
I'm intrigued by this guy. Can he be kept with other fish? Will he eat smaller fish or is he to slow?

Honestly I haven't tried to keep it with fish but from what I read before, they can as long as its a small one and the water level is slow.. Its interesting to watch it eat the live blackworms.. Although fish isn't recommended to be kept with them as the fish could nibble on the gills and damage them..

Sent from my Xoom using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Status
Not open for further replies.