• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Africans for sale

chris_todd

Members
So after Greg Steeves' talk last year, I got very excited about raising Victorian haps that were C.A.R.E.S. species. So I bought a couple of new tanks and ordered a bunch of fish from Dave Schumacher.

Many months later, I've discovered that I'm just no good at breeding these, because while I've seen holding females, I've never gotten any fry, and I have become way too busy with work and my other hobbies to go the extra mile to successfully breed these fish. So these need to go to someone that can be more successful than I've been. Plus, I need to cut back on the number of tanks I'm maintaining from eight to three. Therefore, I have a number of fish for sale, for delivery at Saturday's meeting. Anything that doesn't sell ahead of time goes in the auction.

C.A.R.E.S. species:
Enterochromis sp. Red Back Scraper - group of 5 or 6 (I'll count when I bag them)
Platytaeniodus sp. "Red Tail Sheller" - group of 5 (pretty sure they are 3M/2F)
Protomelas sp. "Steveni Taiwan Reef" - 1M/1F young and somewhat small but the male is nicely colored
Pundamilia nyerei - 1M - 4"+
Pundamilia sp. "Red Flank" Nansio Bay - group of 4 or 5 (I'll count when I bag them), with one dominant male
Xystichromis sp. "Kyoga Flameback" group of 6

Other africans:
Protomelas taeniolatus "Super Red Empress" - 5"
OB Peacock - 5"
Ruby Red peacock - in bad shape - bullied by the OB - 4.5" - free to a good home
Otopharynx lithobates in bad shape - gets chased by others - free to a good home
Dragonblood Peacock - 5.5" - not psycho!
One yellow lab - 1" - somehow this little fry survived in this tank, he's the last of my labs - free to a good home

Anything not marked as free, make me an offer. I've been so inactive the last year or so, I'm not sure what an appropriate price is. Like I said, I'll have all of these at the meeting on Saturday so you can see before you buy, and anything that doesn't sell ahead of time goes into the auction.

chris_todd

Members
Sorry, folks, but I won't make it to the meeting after all, as I have about 1-2" of standing water in my basement. All sales are off; I'll sell these fish some other time.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ading522

Members
Sorry to hear about that Chris.. Are you close to DC? I can pick up within reasonable driving distance..hope all will be well with you soon..

Sent from my Xoom using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chris_todd

Members
Maybe next weekend, it will take me a while to get this completely cleaned up.

Might turn out to be a blessing in disguise; we get to throw away a bunch of crap that's just be sitting around for ages, LOL.

Ading522

Members
Maybe next weekend, it will take me a while to get this completely cleaned up.

Might turn out to be a blessing in disguise; we get to throw away a bunch of crap that's just be sitting around for ages, LOL.

OK Chris..let me know.. I will be at aquafest as well..

Sent from my Xoom using MonsterAquariaNetwork App