• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Advice for Hotel Fishy

WendyFish

Members
I'm going to be staying at the convention hotel on Saturday night and prefer not to drive back to NoVa early on Sunday to catch and bag auction fish.

What would you recommend for the best way to keep fish at the hotel on Saturday? I expect to arrive early (by 9am) but won't be able to check in until the normal check-in time, so the fish need to be bagged for this period at a minimum.

The question is can they remain bagged until the Sunday auction? I am assuming that's doable but not ideal, but interested in others' thoughts. If not then I have basically any option, can bring 5gal buckets, 2.5gal tanks, and associated accessories.

The fish in question will be 6-8 fry to a bag at 1.5in per fish or so.

Suggestions?

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Juveniles do pretty well in the bag. I've had some in for several days without rebagging that were fine.

I would suggest put them in as large a bag as you have available. Keep them in a dark styro as long as you can. I would rebag them with 90% fresh water on saturday night, then just check them in the morning. They will likely be fine without any further interaction. Bring extra dechlor or bag buddies just in case.

You can always just do buckets and airstones. A small heater may help, but might not be necessary depending on the temp of your room.

verbal

CCA Members
I will have tanks in my room. My plan for transporting is to use plastic "shoeboxes", but any old tupperware container should work for smaller fish. I think it would make doing a water change easier than if they are in a bag.