• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aca Convention

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I just completed my online registration for this years ACA convention in Chicago.
It was a great website registration.

Now the challenge to the rest of you.
How many are going this year.

Lets make them think we out number the home club. :lol:

Okay Tracey and I make 2. Thats plus who?

www.ACA2006.com

Chicago is a great town. I've been there on business and had a blast visiting the museums and aquarium. Never been to a ACA yet. This combination of location and interest will probably make me sign up.

I am in the process of registering. Are there any discount codes I should know about?
Are you staying through the 22nd? Should I sign up for the Awards Banquet?

My first time. Newb jitters.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I don't know of any codes.
Bobby, Tracey and I go out on Tuesday. The convention starts on Thursday. We come home on Monday. Less hectic that way. We are driving. Yes Tray and I always sign up for the awards.
We also usually take the trips. But thats just us. We get to explore that way.

That makes 5 so far.

Well I signed up for the awards banquet and the aquarium trip. I have seen the aquarium before and it is pretty nice. I don't know if I'll fly or drive. I made hotel reservations for the four days of the event. There are a lot of neat things to see in Chicago.

Man am I pooped. I just took out a toilet and two layers of tile in the basement bathroom. Put a new floor down and installed a new toilet. Entire job took about eight hours and went smooth for a change. But my back is killing me. :wacko: toytoy

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay, that makes 5 signed up.

I know of at least 6 more who said they will
be going. Have you put in your reg. yet?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
If I had to guess, I would say 14.5 hours
You might be better off with the OCA in November. About 7 hours.
I will be at both, I think

longstocking

Members
Bill and I have done the drive. We left around 4:30 am.... got into chicago right in time for rush hour traffic LOL.... got there about 4 pm. About a 12 hour drive....

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Yeah, I want to stay away from the rush hour if possible. The site is north west of Chicago
so I need to take that into concideration. I am going two days in advance so I can recoupe. Leave out like 7 am on Tuesday and get there late Tuesday night. Sleep late on Wed and be ready on Thursday for the first trip.
Remember also, I am old. Have to stop more. :p

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay, I changed my mind. Or I should say, it's been changed for me.
I was going to drive out to the ACA convention.
With the price of fuel going up like crazy and my truck
getting 16mpg highway, I have made changes. I looked at how much
my gas was going to cost if things really hit the $3.50 to $4.00 mark like the news said.
I bought air line tickets instead. There in 2 hours and right now it would be about
the same price one way or the other. So much for having plenty of room
to bring back the big tank I was going to win...

mscichlid

Founder
I'm going. The plan was to drive to Pittsburgh to hook up with a friend and then drive to Chicago. Now that I think about it, I'd rather fly. Sort of puts a damper on showing fish though.

D

daniel4832

What about getting together and shipping the fish to the convention, or flying United? (which is running about $60 more then AA :angry: ) They allow fish to be part of your luggage allowence. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Daniel