• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aca Best In Show

Alot of the fish I have have come from direct descendants of Ron Georgeonne!! The Albino Eureka red, Aulonocara Red Ngara are 2 of the prime examples!!! He is the man in the peacock class!! I hope to meet him at ACA this year!! If I don't win anything not a big deal b/c I lost to the BEST!! LOL!!!

Oh, the Lwanda is Mr. Georgeonnes...

marge618

CCA member
Thanks for posting the ACA pictures. You know I do love the fish pictures. Especially the vibrant ones!

We will have to watch for 'Mr. G' (Oh, the Lwanda is Mr. Georgeonnes) at ACA!

Later,
Marge

No, the lwanda in my picture is mine. The picture of his has his name by it. I didn't realize that until I went back to read it. Ron is the man in the peacock class. Just about everytime he enters he wins something!!

animicrazy

Members
The Tilapia Brevimanus that won ACA 2007 is Very similar to the fish I have pics of in "Spawned Something Weird" but the ACA winner comes from Africa, and my fish comes from the Rio Parana in South America. Any comments on continental drift or did early visitors from the "Old World" bring some extra food??

TMS

My guess since the Tilapia are very prolific, they probably brought them over for "food" purposes. Although, the native people eat just about anything they can catch. I do believe the African Government is putting restrictions on some stuff that can be kept for food and stuff that cannot. That would be my guess.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Ok guys, The ACA is just around the corner so get your fish in shape because as you can see the competition for the past few years has been fierce.

SubMariner

dogofwar

CCA Members
The brevimanus that won isn't the flashiest fish in the world, but is probably the best - largest, cleanest, etc. - example of this species that the judges had seen. A perfect example of a brown fish :)