• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aca 2009

kaj41354

Members
This is only an 8 hour drive from Lancaster - I will have to mark the Calendar - Destination Cincinnati!!!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Total Estimated Time: 8.0 hours 47 minutes Total Estimated Distance: 519.78 miles

Little further for me. We will see. Right now I am driving but we will see.

maddog10

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mscichlid @ Jul 28 2008, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why are there two hotels listed? :angry:[/b]

All the convention stuff happens in the Sheraton. It must be a little small, but the second hotel is right next door according to Phil.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
From what I read the hospitality suite will be in the 2nd hotel? Make for a fun time in the parking lot....lol

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
I will be there! The Cincy folks will put on a great convention. Their last one was the bast in recent memory.

The way I understand it there are two related hotels on the same property with a water park in between. Sounds like a great family vacation. Now all I have to do is find a family. Anyone have one available? :rolleyes:

George

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Time to bump it up.

The hotel may get full.

www.acaconvention.com

The hotel can be accessed through the website.
They still do not have the rest of it up yet.

And the logo came out.

ACA-Logo-RVSD-Black.jpg

davidhusker

Members
Southwest airlines runs cheap nonstop flights from Baltimore to Columbus,OH ($59 each way) and then you'd have just a 90 minute drive to cincinnati. Of course it would make life more complicated, maybe have to split a rental car... but it saves sitting in a car for 7 hours...

Cant you "check" fish on an airplane? Is that allowed nowdays?

tash

Members
Southwest airlines runs cheap nonstop flights from Baltimore to Columbus,OH ($59 each way) and then you'd have just a 90 minute drive to cincinnati. Of course it would make life more complicated, maybe have to split a rental car... but it saves sitting in a car for 7 hours...

Cant you "check" fish on an airplane? Is that allowed nowdays?

The traffic in Columbus sucks. If you do fly in and rent a car take 270 south to 71 south instead of going through the city (670 or 70 to 71).

For driving it has taken me anywhere from 7-9 hours to get to Columbus from Fort Meade (depending on weather and traffic). I have done it 3 times in the past year or so. The last time was Christmas night, we left around 10:30pm and got back about 5am.

I grew up just north of Columbus and was thinking about going and staying with my inlaws and then maybe heading down to the convention if I can afford to. But it is a 2+ hour drive from there and I will have to drag two small children with me so I don't know......

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I am still trying to decide. I want to drive.
I figure around 9 hours.

Vs

1 hour to get to BWI
.5 to park and get to terminal
2 hours prior to flight like they say...yeah right.
1 hour flying
1 hour to get luggage and car
1.5 to drive to hotel.
thats 7 roughly.

Plus if I drive I can buy stuff.

I have checked fish several times the last few years with no problem.
Have not flow no SW. Couple times I have not told them. Just put in suitcase. The other two times I had them in a cooler marked Live Fish.
Course one time the cooler was empty and I went to California and it went to the Bahamas. Got to Cal. 4 days after I did. Glad it was empty.

I'll be there and the OCA this year. Gotta lot of new and cool things.. Butch and I will be driving b/c of the amount of fish we will be bringing to show/sell. It is supposedly a 7-9 hour drive from here; Greenville SC. Should be very FUN!!! Might go catch a Reds game if we are lucky enough :)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
July 30 - August 2, 2009
Sheraton Cincinnati North
Cincinnati, Ohio

For those who have not been to one before, usually the side trips are during the day Thursday and Friday. The speakers are Thursday evening, Friday evening and all day Saturday.
The Banquet and awards are Saturday evening and Sunday is the all day auction.

Tracey and I will get out there Tuesday and leave for home Monday am. Less hectic that way.
Plus we can look around on Wed.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Sounds good to me ;) I will do my best to make it this year, depending on when we decide to have the CCA BBQ.

Richard

Subby.png

tash

Members
when will the scedual come out? if I go at all it will only be for one night since I will visit my inlaws too and I don't want to leave my fish and cat for too long.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
The email I got said 2 more weeks.
Course they been saying that for 2 months.
Lot of work putting these things together.