• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aca 2008 Fish And Swap?

Nope... You know we don't have anything like that in the states!!! The best one will be going to the ACA along with my Lwanda, AER and a few other haps. I also have a 11" Paratilapia Bleekeri SMOKING that is also going. I am hoping to get at least 3-5 trophies with my entries. I will cross my fingers as the peacock class is ALWAYS competitive. I will be happy if I can just place in that category!!

Pat,
What is the deal with club membership??? Can I still join even though I am so far away? I don't expect anyone to come this far but I believe that this club is the best club for me. I was thinking of joining the CAAS but I have but heads with a few people in their so I would rather not. Got some tight wads in that group so I figured I would join CCA for the ACA; hmm that kinda rhymes. I am posting some more pictures soon!!! Once I get everyone in their divided 10 gallon tank then we are on the road for CONDITIONING!! So far my rack of 10g tanks has some babies and 2 of them have 4 Ruby Reds in them. I am expecting more next week so I have to buy more egg crate!!
Anyways, I am doing a 6000g tank in Kentucky for one of my friends will also send some pictures of that setup!! IT is going to be awesome!!
jpk

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Hey James, are you sure you haven't been mixing a little Ragu Tomato Sauce with your New Life Spectrum, because those fish look like they have some red tomato paste in their blood. :lol:

677622915110_0_ALB.jpg

Actually, they get a transfusion of "prego" sauce rather than ragu. Added protein from the meat that prego has in it. I feel sorry for people who use Ragu sauce! Ewwww... LMBO...

Acutally I use all kinds of additional additives to my "homemade" food. I use spirulina, astaxanthin, garlic, whole shrimp, peas or broccoli, Kent Zoe, Kent Zoecon, and Knox (gelatin). I use this also for medicated food; just add a little bit of metro or any other meds. Gotta make sure you dose this stuff right b/c if you don't you will send your fish into kidney failure; don't try this at home!!! Great for growth rate also as the fish are getting 100% food with 0 ash (fillers from manufacturers).

Only thing is that if you freeze the gelatin pain in the but to cut; I started cutting before gelatin froze then froze it after I cut it and came out in little squares!!

dogofwar

CCA Members
astaxanthin is the stuff that massively brings out reds and yellows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astaxanthin

George Hamilton swears by it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hapadoll/70689240/

(Just kidding) :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (James Kelley @ May 14 2008, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Actually, they get a transfusion of "prego" sauce rather than ragu. Added protein from the meat that prego has in it. I feel sorry for people who use Ragu sauce! Ewwww... LMBO...

Acutally I use all kinds of additional additives to my "homemade" food. I use spirulina, astaxanthin, garlic, whole shrimp, peas or broccoli, Kent Zoe, Kent Zoecon, and Knox (gelatin). I use this also for medicated food; just add a little bit of metro or any other meds. Gotta make sure you dose this stuff right b/c if you don't you will send your fish into kidney failure; don't try this at home!!! Great for growth rate also as the fish are getting 100% food with 0 ash (fillers from manufacturers).

Only thing is that if you freeze the gelatin pain in the but to cut; I started cutting before gelatin froze then froze it after I cut it and came out in little squares!![/b]

Astaxanthing is a natural additive found in many foods that you feed your fish. These fish just get a "higher" percentage of it to bring out the reds/oranges and make them more vibrant. As long as I keep their diet at 30% of this supplement within 60 days they will retain that color and the antioxidant that this additive provides fights off infection and any other diseases. If you look at Kent Zoe/Zoecon it has astaxanthin in it. Most of the food that you feed has this in it; I make some of my food myself so I need to "add" the stuff that I know is in stuff like extreme, nls, and dainchi to get the same results at a fraction of the cost!!
jpk

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Hey James,
Have you seen the pictures of the awards for this year.
Some pics on the ACA forum. WOW