• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

abnormal monsters

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
with everyone keeping a little of everything i was wondering. what are some of the bigger specimens of that species that just made you go " :eek: " when you saw them? there is always that one you see that makes you just shake your head in amazement.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
i was at mabs house the other day and he had a gourami that was a behemoth of a fish. first time ive seen one of that size and magnitude. my kids talked about that fish all weekend. thats truly a monster fish michael ;)

mab

Members
And it has an attitude!!! Last night we had green beans for dinner - thought I'd feed the leftovers to Hermoine - well it spit out the first green bean and then a second. It seems (duh) to prefer canned to frozen. My wife grabbed the can from the fridge and it immediately started eating out of her hand. Later I tried to add a background to the tank - a big mistake, it didn't appreciate the background and splashed me until I removed the background.

dogofwar

CCA Members
I've seen a couple of 6"+ scissortail rasboras!

Also I remember seeing a jewel cichlid (Hemichromis) that was well over 8"...

Lively

Members
And it has an attitude!!! Last night we had green beans for dinner - thought I'd feed the leftovers to Hermoine - well it spit out the first green bean and then a second. It seems (duh) to prefer canned to frozen. My wife grabbed the can from the fridge and it immediately started eating out of her hand. Later I tried to add a background to the tank - a big mistake, it didn't appreciate the background and splashed me until I removed the background.

I want a fish like that! That is cool.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Did anyone see the River Monster show on Animal Planet about the Bagarius (goonch) catfish?

There are abnormally large ones (big enough to eat a live person) from....feasting on partially cremated (human) remains that the people there send out into the river in a funeral ceremony. Evidently the catfish figured out that when the fire goes out, there's some good eating to be done!

Thai

Members
I've also seen Jewels in the 8" range, a Chinese restaurant near me has a pair in a 29 gallon tank, I thought they were Jack Dempseys at first because of the poor lighting they had but no they were in fact huge pugnacious Jewels! Must of been really really old

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
Aquarium Depot has 2 Gaint Gourami's. One is in pretty bad shape. The one at House of Topicals is huge! They finally put her a decent size tank. Very personable fish.