• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

A Few Pictures From My Visit

Hello all,

Now that I'm home for a while I have time to process some photos. Unfortunately I had a flash malfunction so these shots are not as good as I would like but you get the idea.

I took all of these at the home of a Capital Cichlids member, Fracine Bethea.

Dan

maddog10

Members
Nice shots Dan! Still can't believe how easily the pikes and apistos posed for you. I would have to sit there for hours waiting for them to flare their fins.

As a side note, I now have my temperature control valve and since my hot water heater needs to be replaced, I will be running a regulated hose connection into my fish room. That should make it a lot easier for me to do water changes. Thanks for the inspiration Dan!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maddog10 @ May 11 2008, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nice shots Dan! Still can't believe how easily the pikes and apistos posed for you. I would have to sit there for hours waiting for them to flare their fins.

As a side note, I now have my temperature control valve and since my hot water heater needs to be replaced, I will be running a regulated hose connection into my fish room. That should make it a lot easier for me to do water changes. Thanks for the inspiration Dan![/b]

Any time Mike. If you need any help or have questions let me know. I would suggest a 50 gallon water heater with a tempering tank. The heater is larger but not much physically and the cost is not out of whack with the tank size. Once over 50 gallons you get into industrial sized heaters at a much greater cost. The tempering tank will allow water to rise to room temperature before it flows into the water heater allowing you to raise room temperature water to "hot" water instead of ground water temperature to hot water.

They don't call me doctor Doolittle for nothing! :rolleyes: Once while at sea world I coaxed three dolphins to visit me at the side of a petting pool while the "attraction" was closed and others at poolside tried their best to call the dolphins to them. At that point I was dubbed Dr. Doolittle by my friends and family.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Nice pics Dan

Sorry about the limit on attachments.

Most of us use Photobucket.com and link from there.