• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

9/11 FOOTBALL WAS PRETTY GOOD

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
WELL THE GAMES YESTERDAY THAT I SAW WERE PRETTY GOOD. I SAW THE LIONS EAT THE BUCS, EAGLES DOGGED THE RAMS, THE RAVENS RAPED THE STEELERS, AND THE JETS SHOT DOWN THE COWGIRLS LATE IN THE 4TH QTR FOR A GREAT ENDING TO A ALL AROUND GREAT FOOTBALL DAY.

HI PASSING HI RUSHING HI RECEIVING
Chicago 30, Atlanta 12Ryan 319 Turner 100 Forte 90 Cincinnati 27, Cleveland 17McCoy 213 Benson 121 Massaquoi 77 Buffalo 41, Kansas City 7Fitzpatrick 208 Jackson 112 Johnson
Nelson 66 Philadelphia 31, St. Louis 13Bradford 188 McCoy 122 Jackson 102 Detroit 27, Tampa Bay 20Stafford 305 Best 72 Johnson 88 Jacksonville 16, Tennessee 14Hasselbeck 263 Jones-Drew 97 Britt 136 Baltimore 35, Pittsburgh 7Roethlisberger 280 Rice 107 Wallace 107 Houston 34, Indianapolis 7Schaub 220 Tate 116 Wayne 106 Washington 28, NY Giants 14Grossman 305 Hightower 72 Nicks 122 San Francisco 33, Seattle 17Jackson 197 Gore 59 Baldwin 83 San Diego 24, Minnesota 17Rivers 335 Peterson 98 Gates 74 Arizona 28, Carolina 21Newton 422 Wells 90 Smith 178 NY Jets 27, Dallas 24

My favorite play yesterday was Ngata blowing up Mendenhall and then recovering the fumble as he landed. It was just such a bang bang play and the cameras caught it perfectly. I almost spewed soda all over the place as I was eating lunch when it happened. Not a big Ravens fan, but the work they did yesterday was impressive.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
My favorite play yesterday was Ngata blowing up Mendenhall and then recovering the fumble as he landed. It was just such a bang bang play and the cameras caught it perfectly. I almost spewed soda all over the place as I was eating lunch when it happened. Not a big Ravens fan, but the work they did yesterday was impressive.
DITTO NOT A BIG FAN OF THE PURPLE BUT I LOVED THAT HIT AND HOW QUIET ALL THE STEELER FANS @ WORK ARE TODAY EITHER ABSENT OR HAVE HOOF IN MOUTH DISEASE :D. ITS BEEN A LONG TIME COMING FOR THE RAVENS IM SURE IT WAS A MAJOR BOOST FOR THEM. I ALSO LIKED THE LOOK OF ROMO YESTERDAY WHEN @ CLUTCH TIME HE WASNT READY FOR THE BALL (AS USUAL) AND MUFFED THE PLAY....THAT WAS CLASSIC ROMO RIGHT THERE. I JUST HOPE HE DOES IT IF AND WHEN THEY MAKE THE WILD CARD GAME. ;)

That snap wasnt on Romo, the fumble near the goal line, yes, the interception, yes, but that snap was a little more light on how much their offensive line declined with the change of those three guys. Two Pro Bowlers no longer there goes a long way. If their line wasn't so worthless yesterday, they would have been able to run out the game once up 14 in the fourth quarter and then Romo wouldnt have had to be throwing the ball, but they couldnt run effectively for three yards, let alone three first downs. If you string together nine running plays and are milking the clock, you have over a six minute drive on your hand, imagine if they had done that in the fourth quarter yesterday. Loved the stat that yesterday was the first time in team history that they lost a game when they had a 14 point lead in a fourth quarter.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
That snap wasnt on Romo, the fumble near the goal line, yes, the interception, yes, but that snap was a little more light on how much their offensive line declined with the change of those three guys. Two Pro Bowlers no longer there goes a long way. If their line wasn't so worthless yesterday, they would have been able to run out the game once up 14 in the fourth quarter and then Romo wouldnt have had to be throwing the ball, but they couldnt run effectively for three yards, let alone three first downs. If you string together nine running plays and are milking the clock, you have over a six minute drive on your hand, imagine if they had done that in the fourth quarter yesterday. Loved the stat that yesterday was the first time in team history that they lost a game when they had a 14 point lead in a fourth quarter.
YEP I CAUGHT THAT STAT TOO :D. QUESTION ARENT YOU SUPPOSED TO SNAP THE BALL ON "HIKE"...AND WHO CALLS "HIKE" ...ROMO LOL. I LOOK AT IT LIKE THE MILITARY WOULD. YOUR TROOPS UNDER YOUR COMMAND ..THEREFORE YOUR RESPONSNSIBLE FOR YOUR MEN. IN THIS CASE THE CENTER HIKING THE BALL. HONESTLY I THINK NERVES WERE A KEY FACTOR AND THE CENTER CHOKED AT THE MOST INCONCEIVEABLE TIME BUT I WILL TAKE IT :D. DALLAS 0-1 LOOKS GOOD ANY DAY ;).

mrkillie

Members
I don't know what you people are smokin-but I want some! There was 1 good game (Jets/'Boys), a few fair games (DET/TB, MIN/SD and 1 or 2 others) and then a bunch of crap.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I don't know what you people are smokin-but I want some! There was 1 good game (Jets/'Boys), a few fair games (DET/TB, MIN/SD and 1 or 2 others) and then a bunch of crap.
YOU MUST HAVE BLOCKED OUT THAT RAVENS GAME. THE STEELERS HAD 7 T.O.'S AND BEN HAMBURGLERBURGER THREW 3 INTS :D. OH HOW I LOVED THE JETS WINNING THAT LATE GM THOUGH.:jumpy::jumpy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Min/SD was not a fair game in my estimation, that game belonged down near the bottom of the bunch. Dallas/NYJ was entertaining but I dont know if I would call it a good game either. Watching the Steelers having their head handed to them was a fun game to watch but only one team played football. I think that the Cincy/Cleveland game was probably the best matchup game. There were several surprises, maybe not in final result but the way the game went. Chicago putting a stamp on Atlanta was a bit of a surprise, but I think I was most shocked by the Buffalo-Kansas City game. Did not expect KC to just lay down and get kicked like that. The Tampa Bay/Detroit game was a pretty good game, as that showed some up and coming talent start to deliver a little bit. Redskins-Giants was a little blase, other than seeing some of the Redskins draft picks deliver some big plays. StL/Phi was boring, I heard but didnt see that the Carolina/Arizona game actually had alot of drama and back and forth. Crazy to think that unless one of the four QBs tonight throws for more than 422, that Cam Newton is going to be this weeks leading yard guy. Heard he came up 2 yards short though, play that ended the game ended on the two yard line.

Watch all the fantasy footballers jump on his bandwagon this week!
It will happen, although if you have Mike Sims Walker or Danny Amendola, than you probably have room on your roster for him as a backup. There were a few other guys that could also end up on the cut heap after week 1.

mrkillie

Members
He didnt like the Ravens game because he's from P.A lol

Just because one likes a game, doesn't mean it is a good game. I liked seeing Buffalo win, but I certainly wouldn't say it was a good game.

Yes, the Ravens were impressive, but they've impressed early in the season before. Beat the Steelers early last year too. Nothing to worry about. Now, if the Seahawks beat the Steelers, then we've got problems. :)

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
He didnt like the Ravens game because he's from P.A lol
THAT EXPLAINS IT :D CUZ I HAVE 5 HERE AT WORK THAT SAY THE GAME MEANT NOTHING WAIT TILL GAME 2. WELL HISTORY SHOWS THE RAVENS SELF IMPLODE LATE SEASON AND IN THE PLAYOFFS. HOWEVER EARLY OR NOT IT AINT PRE SEASON AND IT COUNTS. ITS HARD TO :) WHEN YOU GET BEAT LIKE THAT REGARDLESS.;)

mdlnewman

Members
I agree not many fun to watch games yesterday. I can take a lot of good from my boys yesterday. I really thought they would get their asses handed to them. The D looked good until we got down to cornerbacks 4-5. That o-line is going to be good I think just gonna take a bit.

I loved the beat down the Steelers took but that doesn't necessarily make a good game.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
You all know I loved yesterdays game.
but its game one.
The Ravens usually beat the Steelers 1 game but never can finish off the other 2 games that we end up playing.
Like they said yesterday I think all 3 games last year had a spread of no more than 3 points.

It means nothing during the year if you cant beat them in the playoffs. (if you both make it that far)

But there still was much happiness in my house yesterday. As well as here at work today.

mrkillie

Members
(if you both make it that far)

Ahhh, there's the rub. I can see the Steelers losing 5-7 games this year, looking at their schedule. 9-7 probably won't cut it for a berth. Lucky for us we play the NFC West :D, and Peyton won't be playing in week 3.