• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

75 gallon with plants, driftwood, homemade stand and 5 10 gallons on top

zendog

I'm mostly out of the hobby now, except for a few small tanks of killi fish, so need to get rid of a bunch of larger tanks, etc. Most still have water and some have nice driftwood. Some like this first one have a bunch of plants and some fish.

The first I'd like to get rid of is this 75-gallon set up for breeding with 5 10-gallon tanks on top for raising fry... or use however you wish. The 75 has been setup for several years but was new when we got it. The glass on top covers, but don't expect anything great. We have a homemade dump filter and a rewired double tube fluorescent that now has LED tubes. Everything works great, but is a bit DIY. Frankly I'm a huge fan of dump filters for a lot of reasons and this one hides nicely behind the light.

Plants in the 75 are primarily large anubias and tons of Java fern. I'll be keeping a few of the small anubias that are pretty much swallowed up by the Java fern, but the big ones you see in the photo come with the package. The 10 gallon on the top left has killi fish in it, which I am keeping along with the other contents of that tank.

I know fish are a personal choice, so you may not want the livestock that are coming free with this, but please bring them to the next club auction if you don't want them. Or maybe someone else will take them from you when you get the tank. The fish in the 75 gallon right now include a group of 6 Pelvicachromis sacrimontis (C.A.R.E.S. species), a lone African glass catfish (Pareutropius debauwi) and possibly one or two Mochokiella paynei catfish, although I haven't seen those lately. About the only thing that has been done with the tank in the last year is occasional water changes and light feeding (not trying to fatten them up breed, etc.).

The price is $250 for everything, which seems like a steal to me since the plants and driftwood alone are probably worth $100. Let me know if you have questions.

I'm in Arlington, VA and you will need to come help break it down to take all the goodies along with the tanks, etc. Obviously everything could use a good clean up (particularly the 10s), but it all works and is ready for a new home.

75gallon.jpg

ManyPlants.jpg

fish.jpg

lightandfilter.jpg

Last edited:

zendog

Other setups will include a pair of 40 breeders, with glass tops, on one of those Edsal type racks, a second Edsal type rack with one 40 gallon tank on top and racks for storage below and a dump filter above and finally a homemade stand with 3 20-gallon tanks on it built so that the bottom tank is furthest out, the middle one set back 4 inches and the top one 4 inches further back which makes it much easier to work in the tanks and get your hands in. The pair of 40s on a rack will be $130, the single 40 on the rack with a dump filter will be $75 and the 3 20-gallons on the homemade stand will be $100.

For empty tanks ready to go I have a 55-gallon tank ($60), 5 15-gallon tanks that are "fishroom" quality, but hold water for $75 (must take all) and several 5 gallon tanks for $10 each as well. I may have some glass tops for some of the smaller tanks, but no promises.

Anyone buying a tank will most likely be offered some used heaters, sponge filters, etc. as I clear stuff out.

Last edited:

zendog

Also open to an offer on all the fish, plants and driftwood in the 75 separately, which would let me clean out the tank when they're gone.