• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

72 gallon Bow Front Stocking

Parrot25

I am trying to get my final stocking of my 72 gallon tank set . right now I have two Red Parrot Ciclids, 4 Julie Cory Catfish, 3 brown Cory Catfish and one bristle nose pleco. I was wondering what other Cichlids I could have in the tank. I am thinking about getting a pair of blue anglefish from Minifoot77. Any suggestions would be helpful since I am no expert on Cichlids.

IMAG0301.jpg

Last edited:

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Your parrots are hybrids that will grow quite large to the point where adding more cichlids will likely crowd the tank. If you add anything, I suggest some form of dither such as silver dollars, or a larger tetra.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Parrot25

Your parrots are hybrids that will grow quite large to the point where adding more cichlids will likely crowd the tank. If you add anything, I suggest some form of dither such as silver dollars, or a larger tetra.

do you think something like a 2 rainbow fish and some medium sized tetras or live bearers would work? The Parrots are not at all aggressive to any other fish in the aquarium.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I would not recommend live bearers but rainbows could work nicely if they were decent size.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

cmcpart0422

Members
I dont know how attached to your parrots you are but if I were you I would sell the parrots and then get 6 or so of the blue angelfish. Not sure on the adult size of the angels but you may or may not have to trim the group when they get older. They would look great in that tank though.

Parrot25

My wife is very attached to the Red Parrots so I cannot get rid of them. They have have grown on me over the past year. They are very goofy fish and are very active when I come near the tank since they recognize me and will swim around like crazy begging for food. I know that I will eventually get another tank and I can have some Anglefish that tank. Right now I think I am going to look for some Rainbow fish or some silver dollars to go in my large tank. I may also see if I can get some Black Skirt tetras or some other larger tetra.