• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

6 ft. Light Strips

rich_one

Members
Anybody have any? I have a 125 with a half burnt out light. I know I can just replace the bulb, but the thing is, these light strips have a yellowish tint to them, and I want more of a whitish (bluish?) tint to my lighting, like on my 210 gallon. Not sure if this means I can just find a bulb with that tint, or if I should consider an entirely different light strip. So, checking to see if anything is out there, before I start looking at retail options. Probably a couple of weeks away from making the actual purchase, but thought I'd poke around and see what's available amongst the club, if anything.

-Rich

daninmd

Members
what type of light fixture do you have? I have a ton of PC 4-pin bulbs for a 6 foot fixture. 84 watts each I believe

rich_one

Members
I'm not sure exactly, actually... I will check when I get home this evening. Didn't even dawn on me to check the pins and such. That said, it just appears to be some basic, stock fluorescent light. Very cheap looking. I definitely want something with a whiter tint to it, then the ugly yellow I have been getting from these lights. Something more like a normal output low tech plant growing light, you know?

-Rich

If its a t5 fluorescent you could get a floral bulb in the red spectrum an actinic bulb for blue or a 10,000k for white or pretty much anything in between. T8 might be harder to find but they are out there. Online you could order led stips for like 20 or 30 bucks with RGB and a remote to fine tune to your liking. And think the money you save in electricity will surely be enough to pay for the upgrade. Honestly I will never go back (to fluorescent) led produce a much more clear and pure light hard to explain but obvious upon comparison.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App