• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

55gallon fry tank

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Hey guys I need ideas in terms if filtration I want to do some sort of sponge filter so my fry don't get sucked up and destroyed but can't think of anything that will work.
I'm thinking more biological filtration than mechanical.
Wife said maybe loads of plants along side a sponge filter. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jonclark96

Past CCA President
You can filter a 55 with sponge filter(s). Maybe throw in a box filter or two to help with mechanical filtration.

dogofwar

CCA Members
+1

Add several (slowly bubbling) sponge filters and you'll always have a couple ready for new tanks.

I keep fry tanks bare on the bottom to make them easy to clean.

Matt

You can filter a 55 with sponge filter(s). Maybe throw in a box filter or two to help with mechanical filtration.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
What I do with my fry tanks is I put a sponge over the fillter intake on an hob, fill it up with bio media, and it works really well.

clearsky5

CCA Members
I'd just use a swiss tropicals matten filter...
ie.. one large piece of filter foam accross the tank and use a small powerhead, with a piece of rubber tubing to draw through the filter material, or.. use air driven tube, either way, that sort of filter lasts a long long time and no fry can get caught up in the foam..
david

clearsky5

CCA Members
ie.. one large piece of filter foam accross the tank and use a small powerhead, with a piece of rubber tubing to draw through the filter material, or.. use air driven tube, either way, that sort of filter lasts a long long time and no fry can get caught up in the foam..
david

Forester

Members
You can get a custom sized one from angels plus for about $20.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Localzoo

Board of Directors
david

That actually sounds awesome
Ill also check angels plus.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app