• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

55g Cichlid Setup

Selling my Complete Set-up. 55G (Black) with matching stand, Aqua-Clear 110 filter, (2) Maxijet 1200 Powerheads, 250w Stealth Heater, Glass Lids, 48" Light Fixture w/ 10k Light and Actinic Light, Comes with Outlet timer. Nice piece of drift wood, roughly 60-70 pounds of lace rock, 50 pounds of crushed coral, mixed with 20 pounds of white sand. FISH are as follows. 2 Venustus, 1 Managuense, 1 Red Devil, 1 Arutus, 1 Kenyi, 3 Peacocks, 1 Ahli, and 1 Electric Yellow. All Cichlids are roughly 3", Managuense and Red Devil are 4-5" each. ALL ITEMS ARE LESS THAN 3 MONTHS OLD. Spent a total of $1400 on everything. Take it off my hands for almost half that. I have a truck, and can help transport for a cost if needed. Serious inquries only. Good tank for starters also. PLEASE email me at EFBasinger@yahoo.com. Asking $500 for it all.
IMG_1834.jpg

Getting rid of everything :( Figured I'll try to sell my complete set-ups before I part everything out.

My electricity bill quadrupled when I added these two tanks. No way in hell do I plan on paying 120 a month in a 700 sqft apartment

longstocking

Members
ok wait... my electricity bill is about 220 right now. With over 1,000 gallons.

Why not try and cut down on some of your equipment that isn't neccessary??

You don't need powerheads. Your lights don't need to be on unlesss you are looking at the tank.

76-78 degrees for your heater should be fine.

Just trying to help... so maybe you can keep your tank but not pay quite as much.

How much did yours go up? I'm doing the math and it just doesn't seem possible that the tanks cost this much haha.

I'll lose the power head in the 37, and one in the 55. That should help. I'll leave my blinds open for light, and have the tank lights on less :)

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Those tanks cant cost that much for electric.
My bill was way up this past month and I had taken two power filters off. Course it was colder and I am still running 23 power filters. Highest bill Ive ever had.

F8LBITE

Members
well, for the first time ever in history im going to say "condo fees are great" mine hasnt gone up and include all utilities!!!!!!!!

longstocking

Members
I find if I have my heaters up at 80... my bill goes WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY up. If I drop them to 76-78 it drops the bill by hundreds. Now I'm dealing with alot more tanks than just 2. But that should help you out quite a bit.

Make sure you have a VERY tight lid as well.