• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

40B stocking - something interesting?

daninmd

Members
Going to be setting up a 40B tank (36" x 18") in the next few weeks. I want to put something a little bit different in the tank. Only requirements is that the fish are compatible with plants as it will be a planted tank. Any suggestions?? definitely open to non-cichlids. Not really interested guppies, endlers, mollies, etc.

suggestions??

skanda

Members
I just set a 40B with white Cloud Mountain Minnows that bred in the pond during the summer. I had to take them in for the cold weaether and stocked them in my newly setup 40G Breeder .. Nice planted and low maintenance tank. Shall send photos.

dogofwar

CCA Members
A group of Goodied livebearers... a breeding pair of wild-type Cryptoheros or convicts... a group of Vics...

Matt

Becca

Members
Badis/Dario varieties...

Josh has some cool Valliant's Chocolate Gouramis last I checked.

clearsky5

CCA Members
A school of dwarf rasboras, or a group of cardinals.... nothing looks better than a big group of small fish going in and out of plants...
I have had great success with a school of marble hatchets too...
they stay along the top.. the rasboras or cardinals mid column...
maybe a small group of corydoras habrosus for the bottom......
Any of the stuff above make sure you get them in groups... (dozen min)
david

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
West African biotope - a pair of Pelvicachromis and another pair - buffalo heads, jewels, Benitochromis, Enigmatochromis (something not too angry). Some small barbs or African tetras. Lots of plants (anubias) and wood for site breaks.

I'm crazy about my keyholes. You could do four or five in a 40 breeder, well planted with some nice manzanita. They will squabble a bit, but not hurt each other. And eventually pair off, so you might have to pull one or more.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
maybe a pair of some kind of apisto, a shoal of cories, and some marble hatchets? That would look pretty cool.