• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

4 Story Tank!

verbal

CCA Members
Apparently a number of DC united players buy Koi and other fish from a shop in Springfield Mall.

hotwingz

Members
Thats awesome! Would be nice to know what is going in it. Not too many kept fish will go down 40ft will they?

Sent from my PG86100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I'm sure it will end up being a saltwater set up. Something similar to the big tank at the Baltimore Aquarium.

YSS

Members
Yea, but that tank is only 3 feet deep. It should at least be 10 feet deep. It would look weird, I think.

chriscoli

Administrator
When we were at Nemacolin this past fall, they had an aquarium in one of the restaurants that they claimed was, "...the world's Largest free-standing cylindrical salt water aquarium." 10 ft high, 12 ft wide, 1.5" thick acrylic, 8,500 gallons.

To be honest, I was surprised that it was that small...but I guess maybe it's the "free-standing" part that gets them the title.

Leffler817

CCA Members
I wonder what a huge rock pile would look like in it with all sorts of Tangs occupying all the levels??? It could look like an island cliff or something.

YSS

Members
When we were at Nemacolin this past fall, they had an aquarium in one of the restaurants that they claimed was, "...the world's Largest free-standing cylindrical salt water aquarium." 10 ft high, 12 ft wide, 1.5" thick acrylic, 8,500 gallons.

To be honest, I was surprised that it was that small...but I guess maybe it's the "free-standing" part that gets them the title.

I must have either missed it or was too drunk to notice the tank. I will have to go back.

verbal

CCA Members
From the pic I had assumed it would be a cylindrical design. However it turns out the dimensions are very strange.

It turns out despite being 40 feet high and 15 feet wide it is only 3 feet deep. That seems like a maintenance nightmare to me.

It seems you could get a lot more manageable set-up with a series of tanks with the filters, water change system, etc hidden in cabinets. Maybe the first floor tank could be full height.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
FOR ALL THAT MONEY ID RATHER GET A HUGE TANK THAT I CAN AT LEAST SNORKEL W/ THE FISH. LOL! MAINTAINING WILL BE A HEADACHE IT SEEMS THOUGH. TO EACH HIS OWN.

YSS

Members
Yea, but that tank is only 3 feet deep. It should at least be 10 feet deep. It would look weird, I think.

From the pic I had assumed it would be a cylindrical design. However it turns out the dimensions are very strange.

It turns out despite being 40 feet high and 15 feet wide it is only 3 feet deep. That seems like a maintenance nightmare to me.

It seems you could get a lot more manageable set-up with a series of tanks with the filters, water change system, etc hidden in cabinets. Maybe the first floor tank could be full height.

I think if this tank was at least 10' deep, it would be a great tank.

hotwingz

Members
Ya i can say i would have rather had something else. But i guess this just shows what kind of cash some people have to waste! Must be nice...

Sent from my PG86100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
So.... don't really know the science of diving and decompression, but can a diver get to the bottom of this tank without difficulty? Does it make a difference if he's on compressed air or an airline?

Personally, I think that 20' tall x 15' wide by 6' deep would be much cooler. With that size, you could actually swim with the fish and not just sort of get in there and worry about bumping into glass/decor.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
So.... don't really know the science of diving and decompression, but can a diver get to the bottom of this tank without difficulty? Does it make a difference if he's on compressed air or an airline?

Personally, I think that 20' tall x 15' wide by 6' deep would be much cooler. With that size, you could actually swim with the fish and not just sort of get in there and worry about bumping into glass/decor.
HE COULD USE TANKS EASILY AND BE FINE. THEY TAKE TOURISTS ON 60 FT DIVES WITH JUST TRAINING IN THE HOTEL POOL FOR A COUPLE HRS.