• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

220g Oceanic reef ready w stand Pa 17268

creepyoldguy

Members
Looking to sell or trade this 220. I HATE tall tanks and would like a 180. Sale or trade. Can come w 48in t5ho, 75g diy sump and asm g3 skimmer.

$600/bo or trade

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

creepyoldguy

Members
I was tryin to get a hold of u. I lost ur number. Send me a text again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

creepyoldguy

Members
Martin, I got a new phone. Please inbox me your number so I csn send pics. I don't know my new number and don't know how to find it haha

Sent from my SPH-L720 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

creepyoldguy

Members
Martin please inbox me ur number. I got a new phone and number and I dont know how to find my new number lol

creepyoldguy

Members
Tank us resting safely at martins place.... in his steps!! Please do us all a favor and start a thread on how you moved that monster up all those steps!!

Quicklynx

Members
I got it standing upright so we can actually walk around it now. That thing is **** heavy.

My brother came by tonight and we tried to figure out how to get it up. I've come to conclusion it just won't without a 3rd person. Even then it is iffy.

As crazy as it sounds, I think my best option is to take a razor to the silicon and bring it up by the panels and then re-silicone it back together. Has anyone done this?

I wish I had a rancher at this point, haha.

verbal

CCA Members
As crazy as it sounds, I think my best option is to take a razor to the silicon and bring it up by the panels and then re-silicone it back together. Has anyone done this?
Is putting the tank on a hand truck a possibility?

Another thing that can help is getting suction cups to help with gripping.

A Marineland 220 typically weighs 400 lbs according to their website. IIRC the Oceanic tanks are thicker glass, so it may be even heavier.

creepyoldguy

Members
Good luck whatever you decide. I feel bad we couldnt get it up stairs for you. It is a big heavy sob! Its going to look awesome once its up. You two have a beautiful home.

Since it is a 220g, I would check which way your floor joists run before filling it up. Thats gonna be close to 2000lbs sitting on your floor.

As far as tearing it down and sealing back up,it alwsys seemed like a simple thing to do but it would be hard to trust my own work if youve never done it before.

But please do make a thread once its all up and running. If it looks half as good as your bowfront(which id love to have) it will be a beautiful edition to your hime5

Quicklynx

Members
Is putting the tank on a hand truck a possibility?

Another thing that can help is getting suction cups to help with gripping.

A Marineland 220 typically weighs 400 lbs according to their website. IIRC the Oceanic tanks are thicker glass, so it may be even heavier.

The suction cups might help a little. That was my main problem was trying to keep my hands underneath it while lifting it up. Picking it up off the ground with its size is awkward.

Good luck whatever you decide. I feel bad we couldnt get it up stairs for you. It is a big heavy sob! Its going to look awesome once its up. You two have a beautiful home.

Since it is a 220g, I would check which way your floor joists run before filling it up. Thats gonna be close to 2000lbs sitting on your floor.

As far as tearing it down and sealing back up,it alwsys seemed like a simple thing to do but it would be hard to trust my own work if youve never done it before.

But please do make a thread once its all up and running. If it looks half as good as your bowfront(which id love to have) it will be a beautiful edition to your hime5

Thanks for the comments on the home. The wife isn't too happy about it right now, haha. She is worried about the weight as well. I didn't think the weight part fully through so I may not even take the risk of setting it up, unfortunately.

No worries on not getting it up the stairs. You definitely did your part. I appreciate all the help.

I certainly wouldn't want to try to reseal a 220 in place. Seems like an awful risky proposition.

It is definitely risky and something I don't trust myself enough to tackle. I'm pessimistic on this thing being set up in this home. The 72g is nice, but I wanted my stingrays, haha. I guess they are still a few years down the road.

creepyoldguy

Members
The good thing is you only paid 400 for all that. You could easily get your money back on cca or mfk or part it out on Craigslist and make a few bucks ;)

I think alding is looking for a tank like that

Ading522

Members
The good thing is you only paid 400 for all that. You could easily get your money back on cca or mfk or part it out on Craigslist and make a few bucks ;)

Yes I was..still am..is martin selling this? I'll pm him..lol

Quicklynx

Members

Yes I decided to post it. If anyone has $400 I will take it to recoup my cost.

I listed it a little higher on craigslist because anyone who uses craigslist knows there will be negotiating. It gives me room to negotiate down.

Thanks for the help you guys. I'm in hopes I can still figure this out. I want the tank to work but the wife is very unhappy right now, and I'm not sure this thing would work on a floor above someone Else's home.