• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

20gal High planted tank

ErnieG

Members
Here we have a 20gal high planted tank just waiting for a pair of apistogramma cichlids, tell me what apisto pair you guys would suggest for this setup?

Picture 014.jpg

Dear Mr. Fish Keeper:

We would like more plants and stuff in the front. There are not enough hidey places in this tank and we will be unhappy.

Sincerely,

Mr and Mrs. Apisto

ErnieG

Members
Dear Mr. Fish Keeper:

We would like more plants and stuff in the front. There are not enough hidey places in this tank and we will be unhappy.

Sincerely,

Mr and Mrs. Apisto

I could use 2-3 more plants that are alot more bushier then the plants i have in there now.

Spine

Members
Having a lot of caves and pots is a nice start. You could throw in some dried Oak tree or Almond tree leaves. It might not look as good as a planted tank but Oak tree leaves are free and it replicates their natural environment.

Not sure where you live but Tropical Lagoon in Silver Spring has A.cacatuoides and double red A. agassizii. You could also check with one of our new club sponsors Batfish Aquatics he has several species listed.

Here are the Apistogramma algodons that I got from Batfish Aquatics...

The top photo is the male and the bottom is one of the females.

IMG_20130303_134239.jpg

IMG_20130302_230830.jpg

ErnieG

Members
I got a pair of apisto veijita at the PVAS meeting from David Ramsey, they are beautiful i will take pics soon and i will try the oak tree leaves.

Forester

Members
+1 double red A. agassizii
Having a lot of caves and pots is a nice start. You could throw in some dried Oak tree or Almond tree leaves. It might not look as good as a planted tank but Oak tree leaves are free and it replicates their natural environment.

Not sure where you live but Tropical Lagoon in Silver Spring has A.cacatuoides and double red A. agassizii. You could also check with one of our new club sponsors Batfish Aquatics he has several species listed.