• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

180 gallon community tank

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I redid my 180 a while back, but haven't had the time to post about it. I started a thread a while back for ideas, and was able to put together a mixed community tank. Substrate is black sand mixed with crushed coral, rocks and driftwood for hardscape, and some ceramic caves. Stocking is as follows:

8 clown loaches
8 yo-yo loaches
4 redtail blue loaches
4 zebra loaches
10 Incisus red rainbows
10 Australian rainbows
8 pearl danios
12 filament barbs
7 Denisoni barbs
3 striped barbs
8 bala sharks
6 Barred splitfin goodeids
1 Royal pleco
1 albino bristlenose pleco
4 Green mollies
3 Ex-cichlasoma pearsei
2 Green Terrors
1 Veija Guttulatus

Its an action-packed tank with a lot of growing to do. The stocking isn't necessarily complete, but its getting along well. I'll post some pictures once I have a chance to take some.

zackcrack00

Members
Wait, Green Terrors with Green Mollies????? Is that possible? Are 2 of those clown loaches the ones I sold to you? If so, how big are they now???

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I'll try to get some pics this weekend, but the tank looks like a mess at the moment. I moved 2 weeks ago, and basically tossed some wood and caves into the tank and haven't had time to work on it. Need to add substrate and redecorate.

Whats wrong with green terrors and mollies, besides the chance of being eaten? The mollies are about double the size of the terrors at the moment. 2 of the clown loaches are Zack's, can't tell they've grown any recently, but they're doing fine.

dogofwar

CCA Members
All things considered, they're pretty chill (except when spawning).

Would a green terror (try to) eat a molly that swam in front of its mouth? Maybe. Are they arch predators or sport killers? No...

Matt

I just thought that Green Terrors were pretty high up on the aggression scale. Nevermind!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Put some pics up when you get the tank put together. It's a really nice set up.

As to the mollies with the GT's, in a 180, it should work for quite a while. I wouldn't suspect that many baby mollies will survive. One of the coolest tank we saw last summer during the visit to Rusty Wessel's house during the ACA convention was a 265 that had dozens of swordtails, groups of wild convicts, and a group of wild synspilum. It was a really interesting tank with tons of action.