• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Well as some of you know, I bought a BIG sword plant at the last meeting.

So far it is still alive. I actually bought and installed CO2 on the tank. I worry about the lack of light and the high temperature since this is my Discus tank. We will see.
If the plants die then I will have to clean the tank before the holiday party so no one notices. lol

jrpatter

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pat Kelly @ Oct 27 2008, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well as some of you know, I bought a BIG sword plant at the last meeting.

So far it is still alive. I actually bought and installed CO2 on the tank. I worry about the lack of light and the high temperature since this is my Discus tank. We will see.
If the plants die then I will have to clean the tank before the holiday party so no one notices. lol
[/b]

Its a large sword plant.... It should not need alot of light. I use potted sword plants for spawning discus and angels in barebottom tanks. It gives the fish alot of different angles so the pair can pick what they like the best. Then i can cut the leaf off and gently pull it from the tank when I want to raise a batch of fry up. I notice that the fish will then start to clean another leaf and will spawn again in about 2 weeks. I like this method better than cones because sometimes when I swap a cone they dont like the new one and will then spawn on the side of the tank where I cant get to the eggs.

John