• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

150 Hap Tank Wipe

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Sorry to hear about the deaths in the family. You sure Jim didn't do it out of jealousy?:D

Talk to Hans about restocking.:lol:

George

TOMMYN3D

Members
Im a little lost for words,especially that i complimented on that video when they were in the 180. Those guys were amazing to watch.That's pretty much all I keep are Malawi.
I remember the tropheus bags you picked up at the ACA.
They might need a bigger home;)

DID I JUST SAY THAT!!:eek: I mean get more Haps.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I am really sorry to learn of your misfortune. Like matt said, you gave them a great home. If the chemistry checks out, you may want to quarantine the synos and bleach the tank just to be sure. But check the chemistry first. The only thing I have seen kill fish that quick wasa protozoan in the gills. More than likely your problem was chemistry related.

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
Tony,I'm really sorry for your loss, I feel everything happens for a reason, bigger and better things are coming your way bro. If I have anything you need just ask.its yours.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Thanks guys for the wishes and offers for help with replacements. I genuinely appreciate it.

I think I'm going to start another thread on stocking ideas.... need to get a rest from looking at these pictures. Makes me sad.

ezrk

Members
Now *that* is some advise that I will be hanging onto in the future.

Sorry to hear about your loss, that really sucks.

After our near catastrophe with a leaking cannister we also don't make any changes immediately prior to leaving. We did our big water changes about two days before leaving, giving us the chance to catch problems.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
OK -- So I KNOW this is an old thread, but I am curious -- why freeze the fish?

They were already dead. If your garbage collection is still 3-4 days out, better to toss the 10 lb of semi-rancid fish in the freezer than in the can in the carport.

Everyone (except for the racoons) will likely appreciate it.