• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

10 Characteristics of successful aquarists- and their aquariums!

Tannin Aquatics

CCA Members
I was fortunate to visit the large aquarium of a friend of mine recently, which I hadnt seen in some time. The aquarium was beautiful, with crystal clear water, lush growth of plants, and happy, active fishes.

It caused me to reflect on the fact that, every time I visit a successful aquarium, I almost can go into a mental checklist of attributes that seem to be in place.

I figured that its about time a memorialize them!(click here to read more...)

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Interesting read, Scott. I am on board with 9 out of 10 of your points, chemical filtration being the only one that I haven't seen used on a regular basis.

Tannin Aquatics

CCA Members
Interesting read, Scott. I am on board with 9 out of 10 of your points, chemical filtration being the only one that I haven't seen used on a regular basis.

Yeah, it's one of those things I've noticed again and again..Now granted, there are plenty of successful hobbyists who DON'T use chemical filtration on a full-time basis, but it seems like a good "insurance policy" for the "whatever" that seem to pop up with unfortunately regularity in fish keeping! :eek:

I'll bet you practice a bunch of other things that make you successful, too. The problem with "top 10" lists like this is that they only cover a few things in very broad strokes...

Thanks for sharing!

-Scott