• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

$1 gallon sale @ petco

Ading522

Members
Called up my local store, the associate told me its going on.. anybody know of tanks over a hundred a 100 gallons being sold at Petco? Lol..that would be an awesome grab..

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I saw on another forum talk that petco is ending this deal with aqueon and will be going with tetra. Not sure how accurate this is.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

spazmattik

Members
I saw on another forum talk that petco is ending this deal with aqueon and will be going with tetra. Not sure how accurate this is.

I would say this is true. My local petco is stocked to the cieling with this brand. Picking up my 40 breeder this week :) now to find a lid that fits tetra...

Hawkman2000

Members
Doesn't marineland make the tanks for tetra? I remember something about one of the brands is actually made by one of the others.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
It's a switch from Central Pet to United Pet. These are the main companies that own most of the name brands we are familiar with (Hagan excluded).

spazmattik

Members
Well I just bought my 40 breeder. I wanted to give you guys a heads up that the tetra brand has a pretty thick trim on it. I took my tape measure up to petco to see what the difference was between that and the aqeuon and it was 2 inches. So for those of you that care about the extra two inches of actual viewing glass you might want to grab an aqeuon if you can (my store had two left) but if you want the lifetime guarentee, go tetra.

help me decide what to do:

I could upgrade my 20 gallon tall to a 29 (it will fit on the stand) or go with a 20 long. I'd like the bigger footprint of the 20 without having to upgrade filter, heater, etc. But the 29 might be more useful in the long run (just heavier to carry into the house!!)

jonclark96

Past CCA President
help me decide what to do:

I could upgrade my 20 gallon tall to a 29 (it will fit on the stand) or go with a 20 long. I'd like the bigger footprint of the 20 without having to upgrade filter, heater, etc. But the 29 might be more useful in the long run (just heavier to carry into the house!!)

Bigger is usually better. If you get the 20 long, you'll upgrade to the 29 before too long. Its a good use of $9 in my opinion.

Owens

Members
Need to pick up a 40b before it's too late

Sent from my VS840 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App