• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Electric blues sensitive?

captmicha

Members
Are these rams especially sensitive to water parameters? I lost mine and a pygmy corydoras all of a sudden.

My test kit is expired and I keep forgetting to get a new one (I'm ordering one today).

My large tank has a small footprint (is that right for a tall tank?), and I can't keep up with the mess of the two common plecos someone stupidly put in there.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
Yes. German Blue Rams and their variants are sensitive to water quality. Big water changes can kill them. I've lost one or two at a time on water changes of 30-50%. You have to do frequent 10% changes for them.

captmicha

Members
Yes. German Blue Rams and their variants are sensitive to water quality. Big water changes can kill them. I've lost one or two at a time on water changes of 30-50%. You have to do frequent 10% changes for them.
Oh shoot. I've gotten into the habit of 50% water changes bc of fertilizers.

I need to go back to 25% like I used to do... But then what about fertilizer in the water column for the plants?