• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hello from PA

Mrrobxc

CCA Members
Hi, this is Andrew from Cherry Hill. This is a great forum with many knowledgeable hobbyists. The Big Fish Deal is great and I was there the last couple years and won't miss the next one.

How do you keep the fish so healthy. You have a stock of SA from soft water that is not easy to keep. How often do you do WC and what pH and hardness are you maintaining. Do you use DO water and what filtration do you use. I wonder if a planted tank helps.

Hi Andrew. Are you tiger15 from MFK? If so, hello!

My water is 6.8 with TDS of 179ppm. Temp is 82 degrees and water changes are 50 percent once a week. I use tap water.

I run canisters on all my tanks and have live plants in all my tanks that are quick growers and suck up nitrates and nitrites.

Hi Andrew. Are you tiger15 from MFK? If so, hello!

My water is 6.8 with TDS of 179ppm. Temp is 82 degrees and water changes are 50 percent once a week. I use tap water.

I run canisters on all my tanks and have live plants in all my tanks that are quick growers and suck up nitrates and nitrites.
Yes I am. Many of your fish are black water species, not easy to keep in my 7.5 pH tap water. They are susceptible to bloat and hith in my water. Life plant may also be the trick why your fish are healthy.

Mrrobxc

CCA Members
You should be fine with every single species known in 7.5. The key is acclimation followed by stability and consistency. Wild discus are easier in my mind than domestics.