• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hello from PA

Mrrobxc

CCA Members
hello everyone. I joined this forum some time back but haven't officially introduced myself. I'm from Glen Mills PA about 9 miles from the DE border. Not technically in the D.C. Area but close enough. Thought I'd join since this seems to be a more active group than what I have in PA and I'd love to come visit your events in the future.

I'm usually on MFK with the same username. Mostly active in the Crenicichla and SA Cichlids forums. As you can guess from the above, I'm mostly a Crenicichla guy though I do have quite a few other SA cichlids that I use as mates for the Pikes. I also just started dabbling in rays.

My current stock has been thinned to three tanks since I've had trouble finding time with a newborn son. Stock as it stands today is:
Crenicichla Zebrina
Crenicichla Tapajos I
Crenicichla Johanna sp. Peru
Caquetaia Myersi
Heros Rotkiel
Wild Maracana Red Discus
Wild Alenquer Red Discus
Pterophyllum Altum
Red Head Geophagus Tapajos
Potamotrygon Motoro "Marble"
Potamotrygon Hystrix
L183
L240
Bushynose Plecos
L52
And a spotted Raphael.

Here are my tanks:

I look forward to being a part of this group.

rsanz

monster tank newbie
Wow...stunning tanks! I'm a crenicichla admirer from afar. Never kept any myself, but maybe someday...

Welcome and hope to see you at some meetings in the future!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Meetings are 2nd Saturday of the month at JFK High School in Silver Spring, MD. Doors open at 1PM, meetings start at 2 PM.

Our next is the annual Holiday Party on Dec 10.

Come check it out :)

Matt

Mrrobxc

CCA Members
Meetings are 2nd Saturday of the month at JFK High School in Silver Spring, MD. Doors open at 1PM, meetings start at 2 PM.

Our next is the annual Holiday Party on Dec 10.

Come check it out :)

Matt
Thank you. It'll be difficult for to get out there for the next few months but will definitely try to get out there sometime. I like that the meetings are on saturdays.

Hi, this is Andrew from Cherry Hill. This is a great forum with many knowledgeable hobbyists. The Big Fish Deal is great and I was there the last couple years and won't miss the next one.

How do you keep the fish so healthy. You have a stock of SA from soft water that is not easy to keep. How often do you do WC and what pH and hardness are you maintaining. Do you use DO water and what filtration do you use. I wonder if a planted tank helps.