• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

"Just how many of those things DO I need?"

Tannin Aquatics

CCA Members
One of the discussions I have a lot with customers is, "How many___________ do I need for my _____ gallon tank?"

IMG_3872_large.JPG

And that is a great question, because the best answer is, "It depends."

Yeah, not a particularly helpful answer, huh?

Seriously, there are a ton of variables involved in figuring out how many of a given botanical you need. And I think it starts with asking yourself a series of questions. Most important, you need to look at just what you're trying to achieve.

IMG_3982_4c7aeae4-80c1-46a1-8e5e-99c2a5ef9486_large.JPG

In other words, if your goal is to mimic an Amazonian stream bed, replete with lots of leaves, seed pods, and other botanical debris, you probably want a fair amount of "coverage" on the bottom, so depending on the size of your aquarium, you may want to utilize several of each of the botanicals you have in mind. If you're just looking to add a few random "Savu Pods" or "Jungle Pods" to your tank to act as a shelter or breeding location, then 2-4 specimens should do the trick. (click to read more)